1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I guess I just fell onto the 'register' button

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by GoPink, Mar 15, 2014.

1. GoPink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey All,

I'm Darren, however, you can call me Dazza or GoPink if y'all wish. What does one write when introducing himself? There's not much structure, or advice on how to do so, I guess. I give the long, boring, reel of an introduction then.

So, a Darren that is 17 years' old. I live somewhere in my head, sometimes it's pleasant and other times it sucks. I'm gay and out to all, by which I've had mixed responses from my family - All but my father accept it; he brushes over the topic, and doesn't like to talk about it. I'm a student, currently. I'm studying AS levels - APs for Americans? I think. Muchas essays from three of my four subjects, the four being: Maths (Statistics), Psychology, Government and Politics, and Philosophy of Religion with Religious Ethics.
    Speaking of essays, I've got five to write and I'm spending time introducing myself on here. Priorities, Darren, do you not have them right?

Anything else you guys want to know? Favourite film(s), music, food? Yeah? Well, fire at me all the questions you have.

2. Gen

Gen

Welcome to EC! (^_^)^

Hopefully, he will come around with time. At least his reaction wasn't explosive and combative. I will, however, warn you that this site is the ultimate procrastination pass time. It just sucks the time away...

3. GoPink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the plus side, he lives 150 miles (ish) from me, so it doesn't affect my everyday life.
    I think I may have to learn to multi-task. Or develop the ability to write essays in my sleep... now that would be interesting, and a cool thing to be able to do.

But, yes, thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile:

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Do you like italian food? :grin:

5. Gen

Gen

Well, at least there is a bright side. My father is extremely homophobic, but I had a horrid relationship with him since my first years of life so it never really matter much.
    Ironically, I'm avoiding writing for a project as we speak. I'll end up cramming everything in at the last minute. I may never learn...

6. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome! I joined last night so I am new here too! I have several essays (and a dissertation) that I should be writing, but I like being here so I guess they can wait!

I'm sorry about your Dad; I haven't seen my Dad in years, but there was a time when my mum and step dad confronted me about being a lesbian and they were really angry. Nobody talks about it, I'm sure they're trying to pretend it never happened and I know I will have to tell them again before they really understand.

This is definitely a great place to be! I'm Chlo, btw! :slight_smile:

7. GoPink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just had Spaghetti al ragù for tea, if that counts.
    Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

I'm counting down the days until I can leave my current situation behind. Away from all of my family. It's 14, or so months.
    Well, I've got "Explain the Utilitarian approach to Abortion" waiting for me. It's not even that long an essay, but it hurts my head too much.

I don't think quoting and I are going to get on.