1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LezBeFriends, Mar 16, 2014.

1. LezBeFriends

LezBeFriends Guest

Hi! My name is Lucy and I'm really new to all of this and to be honest pretty scared by it. So naturally, I've been taking to youtube and the internets in general trying to figure out what, in the name of Jesus, my sexual orientation is.

I always identified as straight but did question it every now and again, but would push it aside. Since I was around 12 or 13, I could recognise when a guy was hot or whatever but just have NEVER been sexually attracted to them. Which, being in school, I always just passed it off as being a late bloomer. But whenever I did consider being with a guy like that it was always as a friend with the addition of lots of cuddles cause I mean, who doesn't love cuddles, amirite? (;

I guess I did always feel different, since the first proper crush I had on a girl was Lara Croft lmao! And I do mean Angelina Jolie, not video game Lara. Cliche gay crush. I must have been about 10 when that happened but I had no idea it was a crush at the time! But really it's all started to spring to life these past couple months. I guess in my gut I know I'm not straight, but I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I'm gay. Or at the very least heteromantic lesbian I think it's called? But honestly if I don't want to have sex with the guy it's not really looking good in the way of a relationship.. :eusa_clap

The main reason I'm here is because I'm starting college this September and I really want to be open about my sexuality, to have fully accepted it and to love who I am! To have some sort of support system for coming out to the fam and all that cool stuff. But yes, I just wanted to say hi, thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to starting my new life as a halfway outted gay muchacha! Sorry it's so long. Well I bid you adieu and have a great day!

2. CharlieChalk

It kinda sounds like we have a bit in common. I'm sure we aren't alone.

Welcome to EC! Hopefully you'll get some answers/solve some of those questions here! :slight_smile:

Also, great name! Haha :slight_smile:

3. LezBeFriends

LezBeFriends Guest

I hope so! And thanks haha! Got to credit TMB on that one :slight_smile:

4. Kabuki

Welcome! I guess we have some things in common, although still different. I joined today and I wish you the best, to succeed and understand yourself.

5. setnyx

welcome, this site is a great place to help you figure things out. you mentioned not thinking about having sex with men. when you see a woman do you think of more than cuddling? aside from your first crush that is.

6. LezBeFriends

LezBeFriends Guest

Yeah I do, I've always been that way inclined sexually speaking, but I've only just started acknowledging that for what it is. I've tried to think of guys in that way in the past but even the thought makes me uncomfortable and just doesn't do anything for me. Plus the guys that I have found attractive are always small, long haired, quietly spoken just pretty feminine which is also something that only recently occurred to me. It should have been so obvious to me! Haha! :roflmao:

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2014 at 07:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2014 at 07:50 PM ----------

Thank you, same to you! :slight_smile:

#7 LezBeFriends, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  7. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! I'm sure you'll get a lot of help here... Try scrolling the list on the forum and it will help you exploring our world....