1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by grumpyb18, Mar 28, 2014.

1. grumpyb18

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey hi hello. I don't really know where to begin, but I'm convinced having registered onto EC is a great decision. I chose the username grumpyb18, because I'm constantly (or at least most of the time) grumpy; and my name starts with the letter B (being really original here!). The 18 is here because I felt like adding a number. ^^ I'm a soon-to-be 19 girl, from a non-anglophone country (therefore I apologize in advance for the grammatical mistakes I may make) — I'd rather not tell which one for privacy reasons — and I've never been in a relationship, nor have I even kissed someone (I also feel super rejected when my "friends" talk about their lovemaking stuff because I'm always the only one not able to tell a story). I've always felt somewhat different though. And I have recently come to the conclusion that I am bisexual (still not sure though, but that's partly why I registered onto this forum).
    I've been confused about some things lately, related to a girl I know (I think I'll end up creating a thread for that); and also because someone I trust and have confided in has indirectly helped me (he doesn't know about my ~identity though). But I also feel I'm not free in general, because I'm afraid of what people might think if I told them I was bisexual. Especially my family. People are always asking, "How's your love life? How's your boyfriend called?" so obviously I reply "He doesn't exist", and then they carry on with "Or a girlfriend maybe?" What follows depends on who asked the question. Once I got "You know, I'm very open-minded about that, you can tell me everything..." and I'm pretty sure that was sarcastic. Another time, I was told "Don't tell your father if you have a girlfriend, or he's gonna have a heart attack!" Well. And then they're all like "You should talk more often with me" and get surprised or offended if I don't. Anyway.
    Only a few people know I'm bisexual, there's probably two of them, and they're Internet friends. I haven't been able to actually face anyone and talk about that (well, except for that super nice professor from uni, which is the one who helped me make things clearer — we were talking in his office, and at some point he said "and that's where you tell me you don't have a boyfriend because you like girls", and as we were in a context of complete honesty/letting go etc. I said I didn't know; so he did help a lot even with something that seems like nothing). Even to the person I consider my best friend. I guess I'm just afraid of how she might react.
    There are other things I'm willing to talk about (and I guess, help people with) here. I don't actually know if I have health problems, I mean nothing's been diagnosed but I still believe there's something not completely right. My brother has struggled with depression and I guess it's had an effect on me (probably because of my mother only taking care of him, which I get, but you know, the mind can do things beyond understanding). I have a lot of ups and downs; several times I even got to the point where I was literally about to take an excessive amount of medication... etc. I'd rather not talk about that anyway — for now I feel okay.
    I have no idea whether this introduction is complete but let's say it is. Also, I may be new here but if anyone needs anything; a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to/confide in, a friend, you can send me a private message and I'd be glad to be of help.

2. lovely lesbian

Hello! Ec is a great place everyone is friendly and helpful

3. Dus69

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there, and from one newbie to another, welcome!
    I just want to tell you that i know how you feel ( i went through the same self-questionning process for a good couple of years before coming to a cunclusion and even then...dealing with it is something) and even though i just joined yesterday, i've read alot of posts and i can tell you that your at the right place. Everyone seams really open and supporting.
    So if you want to talk just private message me, i'm ALWAYS willing to help people, even if it's just by listening to them.

4. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! WELCOME TO EC!!! We've all been there at some point in our life, what matters now is you are trying to so something about it and at least coming out to your parents is no longer a big deal... So hang in there and stick around, you'll have your online support in here...

5. violently happy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry to hear that you feel left out around your friends =( At the end of the day, your happiness is most important and you have to fight for it. No pressure though, you don't need to tell your family until you're ready =) Welcome to EC, there are plenty of people here (including me) that would have no problem offering insight and support, if you decide to post a thread about the girl. Hope you get things figured out :grin:

6. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy your time on the site :slight_smile:! :grin: :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

7. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: