1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I recently found out something about myself...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Damien, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone,

very recently I just found out that I am capable of same-sex attraction. I say 'found out' but really I have felt this way a few times before, but I repressed it. I still feel much attraction for women but now I am no longer limiting myself to *just* that. I sometimes also feel attracted to guys. Guys who are kind of effeminate if you know what I mean...and in all the euphoria of setting myself free I must say that currently women are not on my mind as romantic prospects. I am rather hoping I could meet a guy that I could get along with, get to know etc and see what it would be like to experience making love to a guy. Far out did I just say that...I feel like the world just changed for me. I am truly surprised that I am finally able to admit it to myself, and to you all, that I no longer see it as 'unnatural', and am actually inwardly rejoicing about it. Finally I am able to admit that I am 90% sure that, I am most probably a bisexual man. I might even turn out to be gay, but I can only really find out via experience heheh...Just being straight feels like a straight-jacket to me. (Maybe that's where they got the term from...:icon_wink ) I don't want to feel that restriction anymore. If I feel attracted to someone, it matters not whether they are male or female. If the connection is there, that is what matters, not the gender. This is so liberating and I feel more alive than I have in years.

I look forward to reading all of your posts also. I am just diving in here, but if I don't say this now I might keep hesitating.

Lots of things are suddenly clear now. Why although identifying as being straight for many years, I nevertheless had this kind of empathy and even liking for the LGBT community. Why I had an intense crush on this breathtakingly beautiful teen boy when I was in high school. And lots of other things that life is revealing to me every day lately.

Thank you for reading this, beautiful people!

beefree. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VK7pBoo5-M

2. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Hope you enjoy your time on the site :grin:! :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

3. Caleb2001

Welcome to EC! You're gonna love it here!

4. lovely lesbian

5. revi

revi Guest

Welcome!!!

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad to hear you're understanding your sexuality a bit more! EC will help you understand it further and feel more comfortable with it. :thumbsup:
    Welcome. See you around. :slight_smile:

7. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, WELCOME TO EC!!!

Quite an introduction there and I couldn't agree more to this line :

... And, this is exactly how I felt when I first came out with a few trusted friends I had here in Dubai.

Hope to see more posts from you, your intro here is already an eye opener and for sure will help a lot serving as an inspiration to people like me...

8. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you everyone for your replies, sorry I took so long to answer...as this is a bit of a leap for me (and still a euphoric one, but still), I kind of kept this site in the back of my mind, thinking "I really should log in again..." but kept putting it off...but I am happy to see how many members there are here.

I love the madness of the last week and a half, the passion (all in my mind thus far LOL), the fact that I now find myself checking out guys that I find attractive just as much as women...oh this is the life folks. To be liberated sexually, to know that in this life, so long as we don't harm ourselves or anyone else, we can essentially do what we damn well please.

I just wrote my first love poem to a guy - not one I know in the real world but what the heck, I'm allowed to dream :grin: May this mad drunkenness of my soul continue...

thanks again for the warm welcomes :slight_smile:

#8 Damien, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

10. wonderwhy

Welcome to EC! :grin:

11. Agaetis Byrjun

I'm glad it's such a happy discovery for you! Really, that makes me happy just to read your story. Thank you for sharing and welcome.

12. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you Agaetis , as well as to everyone else, for such a warm welcome...I was wondering, how long does it take before someone here can post in one of the other sections? Just that, there are topics I would like to discuss that are not really appropriate for a welcoming forum :badgrin:

beefree

13. Kabuki

Welcome beefree!! I'm very happy for you, you seem to be a very understanding guy, God if everyone had your mindset things would definitely be different :lol:

Regarding the other sections, you can post whenever you want. Some people even begin posting on other sections before introducing themselves here.

14. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you kabuki, yes I just found I'm able to post freely now...for some reason, when I first joined, I could not (post anywhere I liked). Must have been a connection issue or something.

15. Kabuki

It could have been that, not really sure. Anyways enjoy your time here and post as much as you like, I'm pretty sure your way of seeing things will be helpful to some people on this forum :slight_smile:

16. Corwin

Welcome, beefree! It's all rather illuminating, isn't it?

Enjoy your stay!

17. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people