1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from NerdLand

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by CyberStar, Mar 31, 2014.

1. CyberStar

Hi everybody. I'm Jake (not my real name, just a nickname from someone who thought I looked like some other person I don't know). I'm sort of new to EC, so here's a few miscellaneous, rambling facts about myself:

I am a teenage computer hacker (NOT the illegal kind - that's called cracking: read this), and I am also a bisexual male (with a preference for guys). I live in an area where LGBT people can live fairly openly, without worrying about incurring the wrath of the town lynching committee, but I have horrible people skills. I don't know anybody (although they seem to know me), and I can't remember anybody's name. (I'm not kidding - it took me a month to remember my crush's name. :eusa_doh:slight_smile:

I am currently living under near-infinite restrictions, and have mastered the art of showing no emotion at home. My most valued possession is my little laptop, which my parents don't know about. (If they ever found out, they'd probably throw it away.) My once-excellent grades have fallen, and there's really not much I have left that interests me anymore. (I do, however, like talking to people that aren't griping at me; watching Tron: Legacy; playing Minecraft; drawing manga/anime; and of course messing with my computer. )

I am a liberalist, not by any means a conservative, and I don't have any preference for either of the political parties. I hate drugs, think certain school uniform policies are stupid, and have a wish to blast web filtering into oblivion. ( Shelterbelt, Lightspeed Rocket, Barracuda... :***:. )

I'm kind of socially awkward. If you've got this far, you probably have noticed that. I don't talk much except online. Probably this is the reason why I have never yet successfully got a date.

I am also a JROTC cadet for the second year running, and am planning to be a platoon commander. Some of the freshmen, though, just piss me off...

I program my TI 84 calculator. That's how you really know I'm a nerd. I have a ripoff of Windows XP on it, and use it to get better at programming.

And finally, I love manga, The Matrix, Tron, and, umm... yaoi. :icon_redf Is that weird?

Anyway, please excuse my rambling. Anyone here a programmer, nerd, lover of Tron or The Matrix, or in JROTC?

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Hi and welcome to EC cyborg:grin:
    The out status says how much people do know you sexuality.
    Means how many people you've told this.:grin:
    have fun:slight_smile:

3. Casper22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Cybermaster - you have found kindred souls here on EC! :slight_smile:

4. lovely lesbian

5. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Hope you enjoy your time on the site :grin:! :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

6. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! Based on your introduction I can tell how smart you are... Keep doing what you're good at as long as you love and you'll get where you want to be... Lots of interesting people here, so enjoy!!! :wink:

7. BelleFromHell

Greetings, fellow nerd!

I like drawing anime/manga characters too, but I don't do it as often as I'd like to.

It's weird for YOU to like yaoi? I'm a lesbian who likes it, for crying out loud!
    I'm not into the really hard yaoi, but still, pretty weird... :lol:

I'm not currently in JROTC, but I went to a public high school in Florida for two months and I was in JROTC then. I miss it... :astonished:

You programed a rip-off of XP onto your calculator?!
    [​IMG]

8. CyberStar

Hello!

Well, actually I just sent sent it to my calculator (TI-84 Plus Silver Edition) with TIConnect... the actual credit belongs to Kerm Martian. :slight_smile: Maybe one day I'll be as good as him. Doors CS & Doors CSE I am writing something like Windows 8 for my calculator... won't be done for a while.

And there is no class like JROTC. I wouldn't miss that class for the world.

I like drawing, too, but I also don't get to do it as often as I want. I discovered today that I'd lost my touch! :eek:

And yeah, I don't really read the hard yaoi either, but I still like it... even though some of them have slightly strange plots. :icon_wink

9. BelleFromHell

That's still pretty badass. :wink:

I've lost my artistic touch too. My best friend is an awesome artist and she's always asking me why I don't draw more often. I told her I've lost my touch, but she doesn't believe me. :astonished:

I miss JROTC so much...
    I hope I can join ROTC when I get into college.

Yaoi DOES have strange plots. :lol:
    Some of them are strange in a good way.