1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Potterhead22, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Potterhead22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi!
    I actually found this website by looking at 'coming out letters' that people had written to their parents and i looked through the site and the rules and i thought it might be a good place to talk.
    I came out to my parents/family/friends as bisexual a few years ago and got very mixed reactions. My parents take the 'you are greedy or just confused' stance but most of my friends were okay with it. Anyway, for the past year or so I've figured out that I'm not actually bisexual, I'm gay. In all honesty, I feel so much better for this because, personally i feel it is much more socially acceptable now to be gay rather than bisexual (that sucks i know). Anyway, I'm terrified of telling my parents because it will kind of 'prove them right'. They've always said that I'm confused and just need to make up my mind about what I want. But I don't think I was confused at all. I think that I was bisexual for a while. And now I'm gay and I'm fine with that. I don't have any friends or family members who are gay and who can relate to me so I'm just looking for some support I guess?

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

This forum is ful of support!:slight_smile:
    Good that you've accepted who you are. After taking this step you just have to think if you wanna tell other people how you are or not. Whatever you're doing it's your choice and people have to live with that:slight_smile: So what's the problem in telling your parents that you'r not bi?
    By the way Welcome!!:slight_smile::slight_smile:
    When you put this question in another category (hope it's called like that) maybe in support, I'm sure you will get some more answers:slight_smile:

3. lovely lesbian

4. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Hope you enjoy your time on the site :slight_smile:! :grin: :eusa_danc:smilewave(*hug*)

5. ChocolateCookie

Welcome! You'll find support here, I'm sure! :grin: By the way, what house are you in? :wink:

6. Potterhead22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    CharlsOn: Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am totally comfortable with being gay, it's just the reactions that i will get when i tell people that im not comfortable with. I mean, it's my life, i should be able to chose who i want to spend it with right? Yeah, it was my first post here and im just trying to find my way around so ill be posting in other parts soon hopefully :slight_smile:

lovely lesbian:Hi to you too! :slight_smile:

lukeluvztoact13: Thank you! :slight_smile:

ChocolateCookie:Thank you :slight_smile: I'm a slytherin, are you a potterhead too?

7. CyberStar

On behalf of the Grand Committee of Nerds (I wish :slight_smile: ), welcome to EC!

8. Potterhead22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you CyberMaster :slight_smile:

9. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello from another Potterhead and Slytherin!

10. Potterhead22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never met a fellow potterhead but recently i'm meeting them everywhere i go!

11. Hello Potterhead! This is an amazing site and I recommend it to everyone looking for support. I have never seen a negative word spoken to another person on here. You can be as open as you like on here without fear of anyone judging you, and that is a wonderful thing. =)

On another note, I would like to be friends with you, but it's probably not going to happen since I'm Ravenclaw. Too bad, really, you seemed like a nice person. I guess we could try to get along....

12. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Welcome to EC!!! You'll find the support you needed in here... So stick around, have fun and make new friends... =)