1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello all

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by hipbon3, Apr 5, 2014.

1. hipbon3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well Its a Saturday night and I'm spending it alone... and that leaves me room in my head to think about memories, good and bad alike... yup its one of those nights. Anyways, I'm not really a stereotypical gay man, but the weird part is that I feel really awkward being around other LGBT people. I feel like I don't fit the description, and that leads me to feeling left out. Feeling uncomfortable is more of the word. I'm 25 and I don't know why I feel like this at all. lol wow this was supposed to be my introduction but I feel like its more of a therapy session thingy, letting things out. Sorry i'll introduce myself now, just had to get that out there.

I live in North Carolina in a small town, going through college right now. Things I like to do is drink, not a die hard alcoholic, I just enjoy drinking and the social interaction part. Disc golf, just a thing I just picked up, its really fun, reading favorite author is Mitch Albom, biking, hiking, swimming, movies, driving around and getting lost in thoughts, work as a farm hand, as of right now I'm trying to find a different job, love skyrim, daydreaming about the a better life, more things I just can't think of right now.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello.

Don't worry about being embarrassed of your discomfort. You may have some internalized homophobia that makes you distance yourself from other LGBT people. The thing is, there are plenty of "not-straight" people who have similar interests and don't fit the stereotypes, but those stereotypes should not be looked down upon, also.

3. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Welcome to EC!!! It's a nice introduction, don't you worry... We're all here for a reason and yours fair enough... And don't stress yourself out having to fit in on a certain group, I also do sometimes (but I don't mind it at all, as long as you are happy being you and you are not stepping into other people, you do not have to worry a thing)... We all have our differences and sometimes we don't click right away... But of course I agree with RESU.

Anyway, quite interesting hobbies you've got there huh.... And I'm a big fan of MITCH ALBOM too (but recently was unable to read his two new books yet, I'm not having the time or rather not having the inspiration to read books lately, got busy with my suffocating life, long story, if you are interested though try to search for my old posts)...

Again, WELCOME TO EC and have fun in here... You'll get a lot of friends and they're all good advisors, so stick around...

4. Caleb2001

Welcome to EC:smilewave

5. UpliftingDock

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi There, Welcome To Empty Closets

6. lovely lesbian

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest