1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure stuff out

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JennyKeys, Apr 7, 2014.

1. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I'm Jenny. Or at least, that's the name I'm considering using. And here's a little intro rant~ (Sorry if this type of discussion isn't appropriate for the welcome board)

I'm a college student, about to graduate, and until around this year I figured I was just your typical straight guy. But I've been doing a lot of self reflection and I think I may be transgendered. Like, when I was younger, around middle school and high school, I used to dress and act very androgynously (is that even a word...?) and I always loved feeling feminine, or when someone mistook me for a girl. I used to wear makeup and feminine clothes/accessories too, but I pretty much stopped at the end of high school. Back then, I didn't know anything about the LGBT community (you can blame Alabama for that), and I always figured I was just a weird kid, but now that I've been around more LGBT people and have become more educated about the community as a whole, I've realized that I may be trans. It's not like the feelings stopped after high school either, I just stopped outwardly trying to be effeminate, but I still often daydream about being a woman and imagine myself with breasts and makeup and clean-shaven skin and all that. My holdup about really mentioning it to anyone is that I'm not sure if I really am trans. I mean, sometimes I feel like it's just a silly phase or fantasy that I'll get over, but I really don't know. It's not like I'm one of those trans girls who immediately know when they're like 6 years old. But I suppose a lot of LGBT folks had a lot of doubts when they were first questioning themselves, so I'm hoping to figure out stuff over this next year or so.

Dag, that was quite the textwall, sorry about that.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome!

IDK much about how clear transgenderism is or isn't, but you should check out the gender identity subforum for more help.

3. Niko

Hi welcome to EC!

You sound pretty trans to me and not everyone knows at a young age, so no need to worry about that. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to write on my wall. :grin: Also look in to the Gender Identity section, and ask any questions you have. There will be someone to help you out for sure.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

5. lovely lesbian

6. LostAndAffraid

I know nothing about trans, but I've always enjoyed growing my hair out very long(right now it's past my shoulders, and it used to make me smile inwardly when I heard people ask that about me. But I don't feel much like a woman myself, I mean I grow my goatee out and what not, I just like having hair to play with I think. Though honestly as a kid I remember wanting to be a girl, and I do sort of have vagina envy, wow am I trans? I don't know, I know I have no desire to spend money on the change though. Weird, I never even thought about that myself, would also explain why I always found the more Butch lesbians attractive as well as men. I don't know huh?

Well anyways welcome.

7. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! Welcome to EC... Sorry I don't have so much time to get back to you with a reply you needed... In any means there are lots of of them whom can truly help you with... I'll see if I can back to EC as soon as I'm not busy with my schedule... Enjoy and have fun in here... :wink:

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC Jenny. I see you already posted in the Gender Identity and Expression section. Hopefully you find out all the answers. :slight_smile:
    I'm here if you ever need to talk. :slight_smile: