1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoping for an answer.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Beautiful mind, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Beautiful mind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone ....so this is my story.. i'm a 24yrs old guy who has been lost for forever because of my sexual orientation, i honestly dont know what to do anymore.
    since i was lil i always felt different from other guys my age but thought HEY maybe its just a stage and i will pass but my goodness i was so wrong.
    so i went to college and things start to go down from there, did not know what to do or where to turn to, dad died when i was 13 and mum was always sick .. she just passed away recently , had a liver/lung cancer, and im not so close with my siblings so they would never understand what im going through.
    anyways i decided to see a Dr to get this over with and he said i had OCD
    went to an other Dr ..this time a female Dr said the same OCD
    so i started to take meds cause i really wanted to change and be normal it worked for a while but stopped or maybe i did not want to go on,,.
    i started to be sad all the time stopped going out , id barely talk to my mum or any of my siblings .. i was shuttin down.
    decided to see a third Dr this time he said not only that i have OCD but the real problem is that my sexual orientation is messed up thats when it hit me REAL HARD .
    he said '' unless you want the change to happen it will never happen'' so dont wast ur money or time.
    i started to wonder '' do i really want to change ? '' ''do i want to be straight and start likin girls ? ''
    first i was like yes of course i do want it! but then i was like no i like being attracted to guys ...so i simply gave up.
    i know the key to happiness is to accept urself but sadly i can not do that .. i tried but i could not .
    i dont wanna be a sinner and end up in hell , besides i love my GOD and my religious too much to become gay... and yeah i'm religious! Funny right ?
    goodness i talk too much... sorry guys i really wish i could find a friend who is going through the same thing.. i could really use some support atm.
    so please message me and if you have any advices pls share!

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

A person couldn't become gay because is already born gay.

You're born gay.

Being gay is not a sin, because Jesus has NEVER told that being gay/trans* is a sin.

You're not a sinner.

That's all.

#2 FireSmoke, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey and welcome to EC. I do understand that religion can often make one feel forcibly closeted but that simply should not be the case. I grew up extremely Catholic and even now, am very spiritual and monotheist. I cannot make you accept yourself but consider this:

1) Is God omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient? If yes, continue...
    2) Are souls derived from God? If yes, continue...
    3) Does God love these souls? If yes, continue...
    4) Can God make mistakes?

If you answered "yes" to #4, congratulations, you've just "killed" God. The very nature of God is to be perfect and infallible therefore, God cannot make mistakes ever. This means that you are as you were meant to be. Homosexuality is not unnatural (or it wouldn't be found throughout the animal kingdom) nor deviant; it is simply an expression of sexual diversity. Keep in mind that this is a trans* person telling you that God doesn't make mistakes... I don't believe that I was born in the "wrong" body but that I am meant to learn something from my experience within it and my journey in self-actualization. Transgenderism is simply a polymorphism in my opinion.

As a person of faith, I would encourage you to reflect very carefully upon to what kind of God you pray. If you are praying to a source of hatred and vengeance, how is that different from the devil?

Reconcile your faith. Being gay is really irrelevant to your fate in this life or after it. Be a good person. Treat others and yourself fairly. These are the things that matter, not your sexuality. Sexuality and morality are very different. There are deviant heterosexuals and very moral homosexuals. Just think about that.

4. gabi2014

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    hey u are who u are i can kind of relate since my mom passed away when i was 8 and mu dad abondon me and my aister im really sorry lofe can be reallyvunfair o us but i tried to xhange also but it would come back and f that what ur personallity its who u really arr and u cant change because deep inside u will always be unhappy inside and that can lead in a very dark road been there but i decide to change for the better now if ur srrictly religion to which ever one no disrespect in any way or form but u really need yo try to be urself or u will end up hurting a girl like i did bottom line u cant live a fake life sooner or later ur going to loose it or it will be a very unhealthy relationship im christian and im who i am i cannot change that i tried but i do look for god. just take the time to see what u really feel and do what best for u u know urself better than anybody but in my casebi will try to follow my happiness. i suffer alot and honestly just be urself i wish i was normal i have feeling for this girl but i know it will never work out regarless how hard i try to change myself take some time to really deeply analized ur situation post back andkeep us updated see if we can help inany way(*hug*)

5. Beautiful mind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    well im not christian ... i am muslim actually.
    i know its pretty much the same in every religion but i still cant accept myself sadly.

6. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I just wanted to say that I can relate a little bit. I think I'm transgender, and I'm also very religious. This has been a bit of a struggle for me, and I think it's the reason I refuse to talk about it with any of my family, who is also very religious. I agree with what Gates said about us being meant to learn something from it, though. I don't think that being gay makes you automatically a sinner at all. I say just be the best person you can be, and maybe someday it'll make sense why you were given the specific challenges and experiences you were given. Anyway, I hope that makes sense, and I hope that helps.

7. Beautiful mind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If being gay does not make meautomatically a sinner at all.. then why do i feel the way i do ?
    I think i will just be single for the rest of my life.

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

If one hundred people say to you you're stupid, even if you're not, you will believe that you're stupid. Only because that one hundred people think so.

Same thing, thousand religious people say that being gay is a sin? So, even if IT ISN'T, all religious people will believe it's a sin.

9. Beautiful mind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    you are correct firesmoke. you know life would have been much easier if i had someone to talk to here where i live .

10. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And that is the religion closest to my own beliefs. I only don't say that I'm discretely Muslim because I still pray to Catholic saints. :icon_wink

Assalamu alaikum.

There is much greater diversity among Muslims than you've likely been led to believe: Muslim For Progressive Values

11. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Begin from EC! :icon_bigg Over here nobody can't judge you in an unjust manner! You can express yourself without fear or stupid prejudices :slight_smile: And we are sure you'll find the right way, that's only inside your heart and not inside the brain of the people who surround you.

12. Beautiful mind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    well TY Firesmoke .. glad i found this place

13. lovely lesbian

14. LostAndAffraid

Alright, well I am more of a student of knowledge, I'm an autodidact, I read a lot, and where I am not religious myself I have read both the bible and the Qur'an, and the teachings of Jesus the prophet are the most prevalent in the Qur'an.

What are the main teachings of Jesus? Love your fellow man, forgive those who do not know better, fight the injustice and tyranny peacefully, and do not judge your fellow man, that is for god alone to do.

All you can do is be yourself and accept who you are in your own time. It is for god alone to judge, after all the holy books were corrupted by the hand of man.

15. Manta

Hello and welcome!

There is no 'Easy Button' for accepting yourself, and reconciling cultural/religious values is one of the greatest trials we can face, because those values become the foundations of our identities. But like a lot of people before me have said, it is the culture and not the Qur'an which is so vehemently opposed to variant sexuality.

All the advice I can offer is to meditate on what the Qur'an tells you is important, how the most important figures in the Qur'an are treated by/interact with the society of their time, and how you can relate to or apply those experiences and lessons to your life.

Just know you can come here with any thoughts, questions, concerns, worries, etc and we will be here for you in any way we can!

16. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! Welcome to EC! First of all, I'd like to commend you for trying to accept to yourself that there's something wrong with you. We all know that accepting yourself and your true identity is the hardest part because there are times that we ourselves are quite confused and we all wanted to be normal. And I know that your religion adds up more to your anxiousness. In anyways, you found the right place for an online support. Stick around and keep in touch...