1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new hoping to find friends :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by DylanD121912, Apr 9, 2014.

1. DylanD121912

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello! I'm new to the site and decided maybe I could post something here and hopefully maybe gain a few friends :slight_smile:
    just a bit about me : I grew up with most everyone I knew saying I was just a tomboy and eventually people just figured I was a lesbian because I would always dress in boy's clothing and bind my chest down any way I could. it wasn't until last year that I opened my mind more into the idea of looking into myself since I had never given myself much thought. I came to the conclusion that I'm not just some tomboy or lesbian but a female to male transgender. once I finally said it to a good friend of mine it really clicked in place that that's who I am but I had never looked into it and had sent most of my life living a lie. it went well most of my friends began calling me Dylan and using male pronouns and I was a boy to them even if I had boobs but eventually some financial trouble came up and I was welcomed into my dad's home by him and my stepmom. problem? they are 100% religious and 100% against me being Dylan their son. the first few weeks of me being here I tried multiple times to help them understand but all I ever got was the "you are not a boy you are my daughter" speech so I have been forced to give up and act like their daughter. it kills me inside to know I'm living a huge lie about myself because no one around me right now is accepting of it and at the current time I have a few friends who understand (one is an mtf the other is an ftm like me) but they don't live in my town so I don't get much contact with them and it can get pretty depressing having no friends in an area you aren't accepted as yourself :frowning2:
    so after my longer than expected story, my point is simply - I could really use a few friends even if not where I live. just someone I can talk to about things when I need to

2. Niko

Hi there, welcome to EC!

I'm a FtM as well. :slight_smile: I'm sorry your parents/stepparent aren't very understanding. Maybe one day they'll come to grips with it, for your sake I certainly hope so. If you need anyone to talk to, just let me know! Post something on my wall, I love making new friends and you can rant to me all you want.

You've come to the right place, nothing but support and awesome people here. Hope you like it here. (*hug*)

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Dylan. :grin: Plenty of friends to be made here.
    Sorry to hear that your parents aren't the most understanding. :/ Hopefully things shape up in the future.

For now, hope to see you around the forum! ^^

4. LostAndAffraid

Welcome man, I hope our experts in this feels can help you out, if you ever just wanna talk in general feel free to post on my wall.

5. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! Welcome to EC! For sure you'll get more than the support you'll ever need in here... Good luck and have fun! :wink:

6. lovely lesbian

7. Butterfly72

Hi and welcome to a great place to be. x

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    You shouldn't have to act like their daughter, because you're not their daughter! Hopefully they'll eventually come around to you being Dylan!

But welcome to EC, we're here for you. :slight_smile: <3