1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused & torn

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Thelyingleo, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Thelyingleo

Hello, and thanks for accepting my membership. I am a 40 something woman, who has identified as bisexual her hole life, until recently. I have been in a relationship with a man for many many years, but just recently have this overwhelming feeling that I "need" to date women. It's no longer just checking women out, I am completely preoccupied with the thought that I want to be with women, not men. This is so hard, I have 3 adult children, a home, a life. I have tried to talk to my s/o but he really doesn't say much other than he would not be ok with me seeing anyone other than him. I do not know what to do. I have never felt so strongly about this ever, I almost feel like I'm suffocating under this. I just don't know what to do.
    Thanks for hearing me out.

2. Mehmeister

well let me be the first to welcome you to EC!
    be bisexual is tricky, sometimes its this and sometimes its that...
    but you should continue in your efforts in talking husband (?).
    if he is still unresponsive you should just say that you "still love him and you want to keep our relationship open!"
    or something along those lines!

Hope this helps!

3. lovely lesbian

4. Thelyingleo

Thanks for the welcome Mehmeister, appreciate the understanding and advice. He is not a husband yet, although we've been together over a decade, we are just engaged.

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2014 at 12:13 AM ----------

Hello Lovely!

5. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Hope you enjoy your time on the site :slight_smile:! :grin: :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

7. Mehmeister

Then i recommend you bring that up when you speak to him!

hope this helps!

8. BraydonsLover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! Personally, I feel that you should do what Is going to make YOU happy. You said your children are grown, so as far as it goes for them, talk to them and tell them how you feel. BE HONEST. they are old enough to comprehend this. They SHOULD support you!! And as far as your s/o, tell him, make him listen, how you FEEL. And if he continues to "blow you off" or attempt to "guilt" you out of this, call it quits. Again, this is about YOU AND WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. After all, you cant control how u feel and who u are attracted to! LIVE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE ITS TOO SHORT NOT TO! :slight_smile:

9. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! WELCOME TO EC!!! A lot of people here are in same situation as yours and I'm sure their story and advises would help you a lot... You can try visiting LGBT at Later Life forum and you'll get what I'm talking about... Anyway, I hope you'll find the courage to pursue what would really make you happy... We all deserve to be happy... Good Luck on your discovery and exploration...