1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello ^_^

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by cannotcompete, Apr 12, 2014.

1. cannotcompete

Hi, my name is Kelsey, I'm 15, Australian, and pretty sure I'm a sapio-bisexual, but I'm still not certain.

I'm thinking of coming out to a few more people, my best friend of ten years and parents included, but I'm not exactly sure how I can do so without things getting awkward... I suck at awkward.

Pretty sure my bestie is cool with the homo since she ships several gay couples (talking about Johnlock here) but it's sometimes hard to tell and an awkward subject to bring up, especially since at school I sometimes accidentally comment on... well, girls, and make jokes about my sexuality all the time to try and alleviate some of the tension...

My parents aren't homophobes in any sense of the word... To the best of my knowledge. I'm not sure how they'd react if I told them I liked girls and boys, but I still do want to be out to them. If anyone has any suggestions they would like to give me that'd be amazing and so much appreciated.

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Sapio-bisexual? Interesting! :icon_bigg

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Yosia

Hii!! ^_^

4. Zelos

There are many ways to do it. Here are three examples:
    A friend of mine was talking about future and marriage with his mother and he mentioned he could potentially end up with a man or a woman. He told her that one doesn't fall in love with gender, but with a person. She said he was absolutely right.

My ex girl (lesbian) was just so proud to finally be out she used to say it to anyone new she would meet. She's very crazy and bubbly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Another person I know just told her parents over dinner, casually, in answer to the question "Have you had a good day today?". They wondered if she was joking first, but then they understood!
    As for me, I've never really come out to my family. But I've got a big rainbow flag on my wall (that my mother helped me put up) and I used to bring my girl home, so though we've never actually sopken about it, I'mpretty sure they know :wink:
    It was a different story to come out to my friends. I told them and I realised soon enough who were my real friends and who weren't. I'm glad I kept the best ones :slight_smile:

5. lovely lesbian

6. gabi2014

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    hello and welcome ec (*hug*):kiss: same boat still trying figure out how i might come out to family even though i have a good hunch yhey bot going to be inpressed or aurprised lol atill i can feel the fear too but u are who u are keep ur head up and here were to elp if u need a bit of aupport or advice but uvwill kjow when u will e ready welcpme to ec =)

7. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

Hi Kelsey! :slight_smile: welcome to EC..my advice would be to maybe write them a letter? I feel like that's a perfectly acceptable way of coming out. Takes away the awkward of face to face and gives it time to sink in. If you ever need anything feel free to message me! :slight_smile:

8. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! Welcome to EC!!! From how I see it, you have told us that you have a very supportive set of friends and family, so I don't think you'll be having any problem coming out... But just take it easy and do it in your own terms... We all have the right to be happy... Cheers!!! =)

9. BiPenguin

Hi Kelsey. Welcome to EC! :grin:

Sapiosexuality is something I can relate to.

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. birdking