1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to understand myself

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Stacy in MA, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Stacy in MA

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for the past few weeks before deciding to join. I would really love to be part of an open, supportive, and safe community where I can explore my gender identity, meet others in similar circumstances, and hopefully come to better understand myself in the process.

At 41, I have been frustrated by my lack of understanding of my gender for pretty much my entire life. I had only ever encountered the terms crossdresser and transsexual until recently and neither fit me. Crossdresser never really came close to adequately addressing the way I think and feel, but I also knew that I didn't want to become a woman, so transsexual was out as well. When I ran across the term genderfluid and started to look into it online, I was incredibly excited to realize that there were so many other ways people were thinking and talking about, and describing gender. At first I was hopeful I might quickly find something that really fit me - while this unfortunately wasn't the case (although I think genderfluid androgyn is a reasonably good start) I'm happy to have so many new tools and ideas to work with.

Anyway, I'm really glad to have found EC - it seems like such a great place - and hope to become a good member!

2. lovely lesbian

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome StayJay! You couldn't find a more understanding and supportive community than EC. I have only been here a shot time myself, but find that I have a lot in common with many of the people that I have conversed with here.

Never be afraid to reach out to others with questions and generally when you just need to talk or vent. We're all here for each other. (*hug*)

6. Stacy in MA

Thanks so much - glad to be here!

7. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Welcome and I hope you find the answers you seek.

8. LostAndAffraid

Welcome, I am glad you are making steps in recognizing your trite self, I hope that this place can help you in your journey, I haven't been here very long myself and it's helping me in mine.

9. thesleepingbear

Welcome! Hope you'll like it here, everyone's really nice and supportive. Good luck, and I hope you get to discover more about yourself!:slight_smile:

10. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! Welcome to EC!!! Good luck on your exploration and discoveries... stick around, ok? :wink: