1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im new ;)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Reed, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello i came out of the closet about 2 weeks ago and my friends have been acting weird im guessing there homophobic and im reaching out to a community that wont judge me for who i am and this looks like a step in the right direction im 14 btw and some of the gay guys at the high school are trying to recruit me but they do drugs ect bad group nothing wrong with that if you do but im not into it they invited me to a party this friday and im pretty curious if i should go but it might mean trouble so if theres anyone with any experiance in a situation like this pls help i have no idea what im doing....

-Reed The Confused Kid

2. Kabuki

Hey!! I'm happy for you for coming out. To bad for your friends, just remember you did nothing wrong, it's their lost. Regarding the other gay guys, I think you should avoid them or atleast the ones that might give a bad influence. About the party invitation, are you the party type person? If you could enjoy the party in a healthy way then consider going but, if you feel that something might be wrong like you stated, then think deeply about it.

In all, don't feel obligated to interact with other gay guys if you don't think they are good influence. Remember that many people support the lgtb community, so some straight guys and girls will be willing to be friends with you. Just remember to be who you are, if they can't accept that, then they never were your friends to begin with.

3. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks i might go im afraid of them there all like 17 so i might not go because im nervouse of me getting into trouble with older kids :/

4. Kabuki

You're welcome :slight_smile:
    Just remember that 17 year old don't think like a 14 year old. What they might find fun, is not exactly fun for you. What they think is ok to do, might not be ok for you. Just remember that you come first before they do, also remember that not everyone will like you and not everyone haves good intentions. Learn to differentiate those who care for you in every sense of the word, and those that pretend they do.

5. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get that thats why im scared of them im afraid they might do...... well lets just say there not the good rep type but my actual friends are going so i might just stick with them like glue and not leave them or be alone

6. maselalala

Congratulations on coming out!! ...Especially at 14. But I know how you feel about your friends... Happened to me when I came out of the closet. But don't get into the wrong crowd no matter what the sexual orientation of the crowd is! Drugs will ruin your life if you use them irresponsibly. I sound negative.... So here's something positive! You sound like a person I could relate with, and I don't say that to very many people.. But yeah congratulations on coming out, and if you need a friend, I'm here for you! :slight_smile:

7. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :slight_smile: thanks maselala but we cant pm remember so idk how we would talk until we are both members i think that would work but thanks and also you sound pretty chill and nice :wink:

8. Kabuki

If that is what you decide then so be it. Remember to be safe, do not drink alcohol(you're to young) and I agree, stay glued to them as much as possible. Just have a good time and if you don't feel comfortable there than just leave. Depends, if your family is taking you then simply call then, if you are taking a ride with a friend then that's a problem.

Don't forget you can post on someone's wall to talk to them. It will be public though.

9. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um... my parents dont give a shit about me sorry for lang but only way i can describe it and i hate them when i came out my mom got depressed for no reason they are pretty much guilt tripping me for somthing i cant change i feel so bad for no reason im moving in with my moms gay brother because i told him about and he said i dont need to be exsposed to that kind of stuff and he wanted to help hes a 22 year old and he wants to take me in i had no choice but to say yes or child protection services would take me away so i moving in with him next week he lives in austin thats why my profiles says austin but im actually in kansas right now so ya ill be moving there next week because of my mom and dad being so sad my bro is going to clledge next year so hes find but i got to go to texas without any idea of who this guy is ive never met him :/ (Life is hard)

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 06:39 PM ----------

Sorry i think i went to far you dont need to worry about me just forget i said anything i hate poeple feeling bad for me so DONT

10. Kabuki

I'm sorry to hear that! Don't feel bad about it, lets just hope that your uncle is a very nice person, and, since he is also gay, he can give you good advice. Him being 22 is not that reassuring but hey, maybe he is very matured and is capable of taking care of you the right way. It's a very drastic change and I don't know if someone agrees on this but, I suggest you look for a therapist or psychologist when you move. Your life will change completely and you need someone to help you come in terms with that change. If your uncle is very helpful then good for you, but if not I suggest you do that.
    I also recommend trying to make contact with him to know how he is and all that, just so it won't feel awkward when you meet him.

11. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya that might be a good idea but i just wanna go to colledge but i wont be able to now my axeity is acting up agian and it makes me get such bad grades and i just need to calm down but i cant im losing everything ive ever known what am i supposed to do i mean hes a nice guy i know him i just havnt met him in real life....

12. maselalala

I'm so sorry to hear that! And I know it's a shame we can't instant message, but we can find a way! :slight_smile:
    And I was born in Texas so I've been there before! ^_^

13. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh cool :slight_smile: ya once they promote us (if they do lol) we can use the chat room i think im not 100% on that nut ya its nice to know somone is kinda on the same page with me both of you thanks alot its reassuring knowing good people are still out there :slight_smile:

14. maselalala

I don't know if they will... (hopefully they do) But yea that sounds nice. :slight_smile:
    And you are so welcome! I'm here for you, and I'm sure kabuki is too! :slight_smile:
    :$

15. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So i know alot of people judge me for what ive done i wanna leave that behind and make a new life but it might follow me (I may or may not have beat up like 10 kids for calling me a faggot i got so pissed for no reason i just started slaming people into lockers pls dont think im crazy the group had dont it before they deserved it so bad so me and my best friends beat the shit out of them using our wood shop projects :/ i feel kinda stupid now that its already happend but it did so ya) It might follow me idk

16. Kabuki

That happens, and I completely understand. Anxiety, no matter how bad, always trouble us, they keep us from doing what we like, from performing well on our daily things like school and/or sports, etc. I can't offer any more advice than you looking for professional help.

Also, college is still a few years away, think about what you can do today that will help you, don't let the future dictate your today, because what you do today is what is going to lead you to the future you want. Be patient, find help or someone to talk to(in here they are a lot!!) and distract yourself from the bad things that are happening and enjoy the good ones.
    (*hug*)(*hug*) Hugs for you I hope you can feel better, just remember that it might not happen today or tomorrow, but remember that you can help yourself feel better too. :thumbsup:

17. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks :slight_smile: that means alot someone knows what im talking about :slight_smile: thanks you so much it makes me feel better

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 07:02 PM ----------

Any advice on this thread is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

18. maselalala

(*hug*)The more I hear about your story the more in common I feel like we have! :grin: Sooo I know EXACTLY how you feel! I got into a fight with someone on my bus because of the teasing and bullying... .-.
    It can be rough, but you have to preserve! I know you can do it!
    P.S. I LOVE hugs ^_^
    (*hug*) :icon_redf

19. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love hugs but i dont get them offten and really you can relate to that :slight_smile: <3 mabye we are alike

20. maselalala

Yea I think we are.. :icon_redf <3