1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by heroturtle, Apr 17, 2014.

1. heroturtle

Hi everyone. I found the forums earlier today and decided to join up.

I'm 21 years old, I live in argentina and I'm currently closeted (which I ain't really sure if it's for the better or the worse since homosexuality isn't taken too kindly around these parts).

All my life I've been very afraid in general, so I tended to not really question a lot of things about myself, which lead to a very unhappy life since I spent most of my time trying to hide my real self away. That lead me to now being quite shy an reserved, which sort of makes everything even harder for me.

However, about a year ago, I couldn't live that way any more, so I started to let loose a bit. I dropped out of a career I did not like, started a new one I do like this year; I started doing things I always wanted to try, and I also slowly started to come to terms with my sexuality.

Thinking back, I now realize I've always been gay, and I've never been really attracted to women. I wish I could go back in time and tell to my younger self just that though, cause most of my youth was spent wondering what was wrong with me. Boys just kept talking about girls and stuff, and I just was like 'yeah.. girls... cool.. I mean hot'. I was so repressed I even thought of myself asexual for a while.

As a result of being so repressed, for a lack of a better term, I ended up isolating myself quite a bit; I felt like a cast out during most of my youth. I guess you can all imagine that my sexual life wasn't that great, and you'd be right. I've kissed a couple girls, but that's just about it.

Now I've reached a point where I'd like to explore my sexuality a bit more, like maybe doing stuff with someone, or maybe even trying to be in a relationship with someone, but I'm sort of stuck cause I don't really know how to keep going. None of the people I know irl know about this. I guess there might be a bit of fear involved. That's why I joined. I don't like being stuck.

I really hope you guys can help me to keep growing as a person, and I look forward to interacting with you all :slight_smile:

2. Caillin

Hi and welcome to EC. :grin: Im sure were all looking forward to interact with you as well! Also its very good that you came to terms with you sexuality :slight_smile: Well to experiment you could always try online dating sites just be safe with them.

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 07:49 PM ----------

Or even go out to LGBTQ events and meet people from the community at them.

3. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Welcome to EC! Good luck with your exploring! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. setnyx

this is a great place to figure things out, with very friendly people to help along the way.:welcome:

5. LostAndAffraid

Hey welcome, good luck finding someone, I want nothing but happiness for you.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi hope we can do something to help

7. lovely lesbian

8. heroturtle

Thanks everyone!

I might try to do this, though I'm a bit scared since I really have no experience whatsoever. First time for everything I guess. Thanks :slight_smile:

9. musicgirl18

Greetings Earthling. :grin: I think it's totally fabulous that you discovered this site, and I hope that you can feel some companionship with all of us here. I really admire your bravery for beginning to step out as yourself. :grin:

P.S. The Turtles??? :grin: You're awesome dude. Which is your favourite? Donatello and Raphael are mine. :grin:

10. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is a pleasure meeting you. I can relate to no experience-I have not even kissed anyone so.. HAHA! I am happy you are here. If you want to talk feel free to add me and we can chat about whatever. Hope you have a great day.

11. heroturtle

Thank you :slight_smile:

Haha, I'm in so deep that my answer involves me saying: 'depends on the incarnation' xD. Though, overall, I'd say it's leo. He is like my spirit animal (!)

They are all awesome though :icon_bigg

12. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hola!! Como estas? :grin:
    Bienvenidos

13. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome Hero,

You wish you could go back in time? I'm 45 years old and I hid my bisexuality from myself (or maybe I'm actually gay, but I'm not sure as yet) for a much longer time...I only just realized it (or was it, remembered it?) this year, but I'm glad to be on this wonderful adventure right now, today is all we ever have and I'm still youthful enough to get to have a pretty good time I'd say...

But actually, I would not really wish to go back in time to alter things. I think we go through many kinds of experiences in life, some good, some painful, so that we can learn certain lessons we need to learn; so I don't reject my past, the things that happened helped me to be the person I am today, yes a bit wounded but ultimately wiser for it all.

So if you are only 21, be glad you did not wait as long as I did! :tears:

I wish you every happiness on this new journey of self-acceptance! :slight_smile:

beefree

#14 Damien, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  14. Silas

Hello and welcome!! :icon_mrgr

15. heroturtle

Gracias! Contento de haberme topado con los foros. Saludos :kiss:

Well I didn't mean it in that way. Yes, the things that we went through shape us, but my youth wasn't really a happy one. I felt alone, weird; I tried my best to be like everyone else, but I just couldn't you know; we are all different and that's awesome.

This actually goes a bit further than just my sexuality. I've been going through a very profound change in almost every aspect of my life, and a lot of attitudes and ways of thinking that I had when I was younger, now I kind of hate cause they've caused me so much suffering during the years. I was also angry all the time; I was afraid people would leave me. I was just so scared in general, but I didn't know that. Luckily, and I say luckily even though it was a very rough experience for me, about a year ago I went through a total break down. Since then I've come to learn a lot of things about myself that I didn't know of. I switched my field of studies, I started to try and be more open about my feelings. And tbh all that really shows now.

I'm sorry that you had to spend so much time not really knowing yourself, but I'm happy that you are here now.

I guess the go back in time and tell my younger self all this is just because I feel I lost so much time being afraid, that I forgot how to enjoy life, and now that I'm starting to be more open I realize how much better off I'd have been if hadn't worried so much, and just enjoyed life as I'm trying to do now.

#16 heroturtle, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  16. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
  17. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! Welcome to EC!!! This is a great place to discover, explore and figure things out... See you around!!! :wink:

18. helperman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    welcome to EC

19. littlemonster11

Hi there! I understand where you're coming from when you were talking about wanting to explore your sexuality but being stuck. I'm currently in that situation myself, mostly for fear as well and not yet telling anyone irl about me yet. I hope you do move forward in your journey and if you need anyone to talk to, you can always vent to me :slight_smile: Hope I helped!!