1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TreeClimber, Apr 18, 2014.

1. TreeClimber

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really sure what I am looking for. Should probably start with me. I am 49, have known I was gay since about sixth grade, just never 'acted' on it. Finally admitted to myself last December I was gay. Yes it is a releif, even my boss sais I seem happier. Problem is I am also married- five years this june. Yes she knows I am gay. She even thought I was gay when we dated in college thirty years ago, as well as when we started dating again seven years ago.

2. campervankid

Hi welcome to ec :slight_smile:
    sorry to see your mood is depressed - mine is too but congrats on admitting to yourself you are gay
    good luck with sorting your problems out, just wanted to say welcome and remember, as the cliché saying goes IT GETS BETTER

3. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not much older than you are, but I have been married for 20 years, with 2 teenage children. It's definitely a challenge working through what happens after you finally accept being gay. My wife has basically been ignoring it for months, but lately she really can't anymore, and it's not easy. But more and more, I am realizing that for me, this was the right thing to do, and I'm happier now, and will be even happier once I get through the changes that my life is going through. Things evolve, and yes, they do get better!

4. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey there TreeClimber, welcome to EC. Regardless of what you're looking for I hope we can help.

5. Corwin

Welcome, TreeClimber!

I'm a bit older than you, but also recently have fully admitted to myself that I'm gay. Was also married for over 10 years, but that ended about 4 years ago. In my case, it wasn't until some time after that I really started fully realizing who I really am. And like you, it's as if a giant weight has been lifted, and the lights have come on.

You're joining a great bunch of people here. I hope you find what you need.

Cheers!

6. lovely lesbian

7. Caleb2001

Hey:smilewave Welcome to EC Maybe someone here can change that mood to happy. Sure hope so!

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome, glad to hear that you're happier now. :slight_smile:

9. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there!!! Welcome to EC!!! Nice going out there... Hope to see you around... :wink:

10. TreeClimber

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi folks! Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Was thinking of leaving the group- checked out the profiles and looked like it was all teens and 20 something's.

Rough weekend. Fought Saturday night over Facebook. I had been drinking while cooking pies for Easter and she walked in. She thinks I am screwing around! Things escalated and got physical, her not me and not the first time. Then yesterday I was taking a leak and without thinking checked facebook again, she was in the store checking to see if I was online. More fighting and screaming, nothing physical as we were in the car. I am pretty much fed up with things. She keeps having me re-afirm that I love her and that I have not started looking for a builder to fix and sell the house. It is all beginning to wear me down.

11. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's an "LGBT Later In Life" section that might be worth checking out. :slight_smile:

And sorry you've had a rough weekend. :frowning2: