1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious genderfluid/pan

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Lorn, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Lorn

Hello! Little background:

When I was 16, I discovered that I liked the same sex when I started dating another girl in my circle of friends. As time went on I discovered that I was also interested in other sex/gender options, and have had the support of my close friends in that. However, I'm only just starting to come to terms with the idea of gender fluidity now that I'm in a long-term relationship where I'm more comfortable with myself than when I was a teen, and after a high school acquaintance recently went public as a genderfluid individual. One thing or another has always been in the way of calling it what it is.

I'm physically female and feel as though I'm "stuck" this way in a sense. My body and voice are very obviously female, so even if I wanted to experiment with the way I look and act I'm not sure what the results would be.

I also don't know how this is going to play into my relationship, if at all. While I don't worry that things are going to go downhill, my boyfriend is a heterosexual, cis male who's open-minded in the bedroom - but still hetero. Tonight we're going to talk, if we're not too tired because of the chaos that is Easter weekend in our families.

This is really just one more compartment on the weirdness train that is my life. =S

2. cava

I had a similar situation with my cis (mostly)het boyfriend not long ago. He was very accepting when I came out to him about my gender identity (or lack thereof) and he said he's with me because he loves me and this is part of me. I hope things go just as well for you. Good luck!

Also I hope you update after you talk to him to share how it goes :slight_smile:

3. Corwin

Welcome, Lorn!

4. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey there Lorn, :welcome: to EC!

5. lovely lesbian

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
  7. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Welcome to EC!!! We all have our own little weirdness inside of us, so don't you worry, you are not alone... :wink:

8. lmwilliams