1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just joined...hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MedicChic, Apr 19, 2014.

1. MedicChic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alrighty, well here it goes. You would think at my age, almost 28, I would know who I was, what made me tick and everything else most people I know seem to have already figured out.

I am in the military and I love my job, love being in medicine and I have had many interesting experiences.

I would say my journey of questioning began when I was just entering adulthood. I had dated a few men but nothing ever seemed right. I spent my summers in Girl Scout camp and I met many confident out females who are quite an inspiration to me. My family never really seemed to suspect anything, but my brother has asked me a couple of times. I never had an answer.

Now I am nearing thirty and just leaving a horrible, albeit short lived marriage to a man who I should not have married in the first place. Now that I am free again, and especially since the military repealed don't ask don't tell. I feel that I can really begin to find myself.

I have had a few encounters with women and I know I am attracted to women, but there is a lingering semi attracting to men...but I think it is only in the sexual aspect...and not even that. Yes, I have slept with men, but as a women I never saw anything beautiful in how their organs looked...( apologies to the men on this post...just my personal bias.) I really am just looking for help, people to vent to, talk to, while I start this journey.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! You have come to the right place to start finding answers and to feel comfortable with yourself, and indeed the journey of discovery.

It is great that you have things in your life that are an anchor, and provide you with energy and a sense of identity - personal and professional.

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

3. Corwin

Welcome!

Don't feel bad about your age - it's different for everyone. I've got twice the years behind me that you do, and only recently really figured out who I am. (Well, I guess that never fully happens, does it? :slight_smile:

You'll find a great bunch of people here, in all stages of life. Enjoy the journey!

4. lovely lesbian

5. setnyx

:smilewave:thewave::welcome:

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya and welcome.

I'm sure you'll find this site very useful. As said above, don't sweat it about your age. I mean, I'm 33 now and only accepted my sexuality and came out at 32. It's never too late.

Happy days :slight_smile:

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    We all find ourselves, doesn't matter when, as long as we do and we're happy. :slight_smile:
    Welcome to the gang! :slight_smile:

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to this merry band of misfits!

9. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there!!! Welcome to EC... Don't sweat it out you are still young... I'm already 33 when I accepted to myself that I'm not straight and came out only to a few trusted friends... You still have a long way to go in figuring out what you want... Life is a journey anyway... :wink: