1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonjour!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nelliephant, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Nelliephant

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Je m'appelle Helen. J'ai 16 ans, et je suis petit. J'aime lire, et j'adore la course d'orientation, mais ma passion, c'est l'écriture. J'ai un chien et un chevre, quie s'appellent Archie et Russ. J'ai aussi deux chats, Tilly et Bongo. Ben, le chien est de ma famille, pas seulment la mienne. Et Tilly est la chat de ma soeur. Mais je les adore, de toute façon.
    Nah, just shittin ya. I'm not French. It's just one of my favourite subjects at school :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But I'm not re-writing all that again. If you really care, Google Translate should be good enough for you to get the gist. Besides, some of the grammar is awful (sorry, French people!! I'm not slaughtering the language intentionally!)
    I'm still at school, sadly. Don't get me wrong- I'm not anti-education- I'm just not enjoying it right now. Partly, I think, because I'm far enough through that classes aren't streamed any more, so now I'm stuck with all the (sorry, but it's true) average and even thick people, so classes don't move at a fast enough speed and I get bored and don't focus and don't do my work and get distracted and distract other people, and then somehow I, and my friends whom I was distracting, all get Excellence. (Nice run-on sentence, don't you think?) So whatever. I'm also on strike in English because I think there should be more focus on grammar and vocabulary and understanding. Yes, hate me, but it's true. Warning: Rant follows.
    Punctuation and grammar are awful amongst modern English speakers. It pains me to read some of the rubbish out there. My English teacher even agrees with me. The rubbish that we're forced to write has no pratical purpose. A main theme in the novel 'Lord of the Flies' by Willaim Golding is that of man's innate evil. He shows this theme very effectively through the language techniques of motifs, analogies and metaphors... Blah, blah, blah. This helped me to understand how I must resist the call of savagery every time I feel pulled towards breaking the rules of society and deviating from what is morally acceptable. I'm really not sure how this is supposed to help us. It's ridiculously simple, boring and pointless. No-one really means anything they write. That's why we refer to the official 'language' of NCEA- specifically, of NCEA English- as 'bullshitting.' I can't wait to do some real work that actually makes a difference to something, anything!!- Whether to me, or to society, or to specific individuals. I just don't feel like we learn very much worthwhile at school. Even now, in my second-to-last year, I feel like the only subjects I've ever done anything to improve myself or learn something worthwhile have been P.E, History/Classics, and Chemistry. Not even maths, because it's all theoretical and while I enjoy it, I'm never going to use the ability to solve quadratic equations involving logarithms or whatever.
    Rant over.
    Well, that's me, folks!

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Hi Helen!:grin: Welcome to EC:slight_smile:
    You have many pets! I love cats!!:slight_smile: I wished I had one
    What are you writing? I love writing, too:grin:
    Well, have fun here!
    Btw I used google tanslator. Never had French in school:grin:

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

French is nearly similar to italian! :grin:

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. lovely lesbian

5. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bonjour!! Bienvenu! :grin:
    Comment allez-vous?

6. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Welcome to EC!!! HOpe you are having fun here...

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bienvenue! :slight_smile: