1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost forget about this...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Black Raven, May 7, 2014.

1. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Ah, please forgive my bad manners.

I almost forgot introducing myself, and just posted away.
    Found this more or less by accident, but I instantly loved the idea.

While my own coming out was rather unproblematic, especially regarding my family, I did get to experience how nasty and bad it can sting when someone shoots bigoted accusations full of prejudice at you. I'm a rather confident person, so I did not let get to me, but I'll always remember it as a lesson just how badly people can treat someone or something they don't understand.

That's why I have an understanding of how hard it must be on gay persons, since it's ultimately more of an "extreme" than bisexuality. People understand it even less, from my personal experience.

While I'm already out of my closet and everything, I figured I could maybe help others to do the same, and get through their hardships that come along with it for some.

So I signed up anyway, to give advice and share my personal experience.
    I hope I'll be able to help others here, and look forward to conversing with many of you.

To give you some more information about me, I'm in my twenties, look forward to my thirties, had my share of fun with both genders, and am currently in a happy (With the occasional up and downs) relationship with my girlfriend, which might last for a long time, only time will tell. Alas, I'm optimistic.

Cheers,
    Raven

PS:
    Shite. And of course there's a typo in the one part I can't edit: The thread title.
    It is of course "Almost forgot about this..." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 Black Raven, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! It's great you're coming to give advice.