1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One failed relationship, and two one night stands with exes and i'm back here....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by chrisb, Aug 5, 2008.

1. chrisb

Hey i doubt anyone here even remembers me, but to give you a breif overstory as to who i am.....

My name is Chris, i came out at 19, and also had my first relationship at the same time, family was accepting but the relationship didn't last long, in fact after are first real sexual experience together he broke up with me three days later.

My next relationship happened after i had moved into the city with my family, and i just so happened to have a gay neighbor who was close to the same age as me, we began as friends and are relationship grew pretty quickly, i started drinking for the first time, aswell as experimenting with drugs, by smoking weed. The relationship turned out to worse then my first, making me for the first time severly depressed and miserable, often having self doubts, and wondering why i couldnt be loved as much as i loved. Anyway we had sex several times always safe, but eventually i got tired of being treated one way in bed, and an oppisite way in front of his friends, this time i was the one to end the relationship.

I would go on dates with two different guys after my second relationship neither being very serious, but still being hurt when the 2nd guys i went on a date with moved away ending any chance of it becoming a serious relationship.

My next real boyfriend would be a man who was more then 10 years older then me, but for the first time i would feel like i was in a healthy relationship, with someone who cared for me and who treated me right. eventually truth would unfold and i would find out a few things he kept secret the initial few dates we had, they would not be severe enough to be deal breaker, but still worrysome, he would actually end up cheating with me with his ex, but i would forgive him, we would also have two threesomes while together, both good experiences and safe. Eventually i would realize he was still in love with his ex, and before i could be cheated on again i decided to once again be the one who ended the relationship.

I would take a break from relationships for awhile untill i turned 21, this time i would not worry about a relationship instead i would find something much different then i had ever intended to do, i would have a one night stand. But this would not be with some random stranger, instead it would be with a former friend of mine from high school's older brother, we had a wonderful time and even went to the clubs together aswell, but after having sex i would feel pretty bad as i had been thinking of his brother the whole time.

I would have my first bad experience on a first date, with a disrespectful, uncurtious, self-loving, arrogant, loser,for lack of a better term....who not only made me wait 45 minutes in the rain for him,but also had the nerve to let me eat alone in front of him after he had already promised we would eat together, aswell as have the nerve to ask me to go home with him after.

All of that of course would have before and during the last time i was here on Empty Closets, as for the more recent mentioned in the title of this....

I hooked back up with my 3rd boyfriend after out of nowhere he contacted me, it was right after him breaking up with his boyfriend, and honestly i felt like a booty call but besides what i thought i decided to go, i even stayed two nights with him, and it almost seemed like old times but then i realized quickly nothing had changed he was still very jealous, and very self-consious aswell as being a little to immature for someone who was more then 10 years older then me.

After that i would pretty much think that i would never hook up with an ex again, shortly thereafter my 2nd boyfriend would end up at the same party as me, one thing turned into another and we ended up back at my place, we would actually hook up twice before we would both end it, realizing that we we're basically using each other and had no interest of dating again.

And finally we have my 4th serious boyfriend who despite being a very charming and terrific guy, had about a bucket full of isssues, aswell as us sharing very little if anything in common. we would have sex and a enjoyable breif relationship but would mutually agree we were just not right for each other.

Anyway if you read all of that, i guess my life must be somewhat interesting, but now i feel like i'm at a new phase in my life, i feel like i really just want a real loving relationship, someone who shares all the same qualities as me, and loves there family and friends, and who is just a good loving person.

I'm really looking forward to getting reaquanted with old friends on here, aswell as perhaps meeting some new ones..

Cheers! :icon_bigg

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it sounds like you sure had a bumpy past. I'm glad to hear you're on a new road in your life. EC is here for you if you ever need us.

But anyways, welcome back to EC! :slight_smile:

3. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm guessing that the last time you were here I wasn't a member so I will just say hi and welcome back to EC!

4. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I remember you! Welcome back :icon_bigg

5. biisme

I remember you!!!!!!!! Welcome to to EC!!!!

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I remember you Chris. Welcome back! :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing dramas with relationships. I'm sure sooner or later you will meet the right guy. :thumbsup:

7. Mmmike

Welcome back.
    Sorry to hear about your tragically eventful past but the future holds many things in store. I'm sure it's worth the wait :]]

8. Kimi

Hey welcome back!!
    I actually remember you:slight_smile: and wondered where you had gone few times.

Sorry to hear about your dramas...
    You sure you live in Oregon? Sounds like you are from Sex and the City:grin:

Hopefully EC would cheer you up a bit(*hug*)

9. James

Welcome back to EC dude.

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back to EC!

11. Knowing Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome back! I wasn't here the first time but I'm here now. *hug*

12. Jim1454

Welcome back Chris.

Rest assured that there is 'The One' out there for you. The biggest difference between me and my bf (9 months now!!!) and any other guy I'd been with is that we were friends first. I know there seems to be a tendency (understatement?) for guys to get physical with each other fairly quickly, and for some guys, that works. They don't take it personal, and they don't get too attached in other ways.

But that hasn't worked for you. So I'd suggest taking it real slow. And the guys that aren't interested in getting to know you first aren't worth your time, so it's just as well if they move on to their next 'score'.

I've never been as in love as I am right now - and it's with another man. It can and it does happen. Good luck.

In the mean time, it sounds like you've probably gained some wisdom from your experiences that you can share with others here. So again, welcome back!

13. sexyalex

you, Christopher Berg...
    you are one ...

reaqauinted? today ur here, tomorrow ur there..ur all over the place and no offence...NOT a reliable friend, even if it's just online. You tought me just about maybe everything i know about gay relationships etc. and then where have u been for months? i think u even deleted me once and when ur online messenger you don't even answer me back when i message you.

Sorry to hear about ur bad relationship karma(i would strongly commend u date guys outside ur community, i mean...Oregon is a small place :dry:

but i am no longer ur biggest fan. humpft! u threw me away like yesterdays USmagazine. and I am stiff upset about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: XPPPPPPP

14. I remember you too. Welcome back :grin:

15. chrisb

Thanks Everyone! I Love You Guys! and i'm doing fine now, no new love interests yet, and Jim you are totally right about taking it slow with a guy, i really think if i had in the past i would not have gotten hurt as much, as they probably wouldnt have dated me.

Also Alex you know i love ya man, i'm sorry i'm not around as often as i should be but it's hard to keep contact with people, espeacially when im dealing with ton of drama in mylife, but yeah that's all in the past and i'm ready for the future!!

16. Tom

Tom Guest

Welcome Back to EC, I'm sure i vaguely remember you =]

I'm sure you will find the right guy for you soon enough but just take it slow as Jim advised =]

anyways with new rules u cant link to your myspace in your sig. anymores so i just thought I'd let you know.

17. calstad

I cant say that I'v had the misfortune of going through what you are because I'v never actually had a real realationship with a guy. I'v had sexual encounters but I was young and fooling around, exploring my nature mostly. I'v had bad relationships with girls but thats a different story. I was confused and misguiding myself. The thing is I do sort of have feelings for someone, we have no sexual past but I'v known him for a few years. A friend of mine, pretty much my best friend actually. I'v just always been afraid to tell him how I feel. He doesnt even know im gay, but he has an idea. he's asked me before. I told him no. I want to tell him the truth and I want him to know how I feel. Im just scared..

18. Try not thinking of each date or relationship in such generic all encompassing terms. When you think back to the bad ones was everything bad about the date/relationship. Same goes for the good ones. I'm sure the bad ones were horrible. I make this assumption after seeing how many people came here to welcome you back. You are truly a loved and valued member of this community. That should tell you one thing. You are one of the good ones.

You are going to find him. Your past experiences have made your instincts keen. One day you might be walking down the street and you make eye contact with a cute guy. If he is a good match for you you will know instantly. That realization will probably be very brief and then forgotten instantly. The realization will be lost to time but the feeling that realization gave you is with you throughout the rest of your life.