1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salutations.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kaiser, May 10, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Where do I begin?

I've been lurking about, reading a few topics here and there, and have finally decided to create an account. At first I wasn't too sold on the idea, but several topics and comments really struck a cord with me. It isn't too often you can feel the emotion on a forum, as most of them tend to either be very bland or on their last leg. To see the various struggles and experiences -- all accumulated in one place -- is rather impressive, as well as inspiring -- so much so that it got me, a lurker, to register.

If I have to give a brief description of myself, here goes. I'm biologically male, but identify more as a tomboy-ish female. I can't connect with men emotionally or romantically, but sexually, they're very appealing. Women, though, ah... women... I adore them in every manner. Unfortunately, I've yet to have sex, which isn't too big of a deal. I'm just one funked up mess, with a Napoleonic-sized ego (I ain't afraid to admit it!), and not too many funks to give. To many this comes off as confidence, but me, I just see it as doing what I need to, so that I can survive today and live for tomorrow.

Hobbies-wise, I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, and doodling. I don't watch much television anymore. Movies, I'm so far behind on recent flicks it's a shame, but I am a stickler for older Horror films from the 1970s and 1980s. Video games, though not as hardcore about them as I once was, are always enjoyable to play. I tend to enjoy RPGs and fighting games. First-person shooters bore me. I tend to meditate once a day, for at least 1 hour, to better understand myself and to gain an appreciation for life. It is difficult at first, but keeping with it, I have embraced much about myself and the world I inhabit.

Dear Lord, this is pretty lengthy, so I'll conclude at that.

2. Caillin

Hi welcome to EC :welcome:

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Thank you kindly.

4. peace2day

Heya! Welcome to EC! :grin:

5. wolf of fire

Hello, correct me if I am wrong but is your picture Jennifer Lawrence as the amazing Katniss Everdeen. Also are you a fan of A Nightmare on Elm Street?

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hello to you, too!

Actually, no. It's Kesha, the singer. But now that you mention it...

A Nightmare on Elm Street is, probably, my favorite 80s Horror movie. I'm not as into it as I was as a younger child, but it has been watched enough, that I know my way around it. I liked 3: Dream Warriors and 4: The Dream Master. The others? Not so much.

8. wolf of fire

I liked 1 and 6 the best, do you know what happened to Alice and Jacob?

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As a child I really liked 6 (Freddy's Dead), but it has not aged very well. I also cannot stomach the ridiculousness of it as well anymore. However, it does have one of my favorite moments, which is when Freddy pulls Spencer into the television, and plays him like a video game. Corny, but amusing.

As for what happened to Alice and Jacob. Originally, they were going to be in Freddy's Dead, but due to some backstage meddling and movie politics, this was scrapped and we got what we wound up getting. In the comics based on the movies during that time, Alice and Jacob are explained as having moved away from Springwood, most likely out of the range of Freddy.

10. wolf of fire

Thanks, enjoy your time here

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I am sorry for overlooking you. You just snuck right in and posted!

No problem. And, I'm sure I will, especially if I am able to have these types of conversations with people.

12. wolf of fire

You probably will be, try the entertainment and media forum is my advice

13. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya fellow Kentuckian!

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

+1 for being from Kentucky.
    +1 for having a Perry the Platypus icon.

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! Glad you have felt inspired and were able to feel some connections to some of the shared stories on the forum.

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Loneliness is a killer. But it does do one thing exceptionally well... it makes you come to appreciate humanity. It's kind of humbling in a way, if you will... but I don't want to ramble.

You're Canadien, so this seems as good a time as any to ask: Does it annoy you when us Americans spell it Canadi-A-n?

17. NoaWinchester

Hello! Wwlcome! I was curiously lurking this website before registering with an account as well, it peaked my interest. (is that how you say/write this? it annoys me that I'm unsure about it).

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You're fine.

I'm glad to see that lurking can bring in new recruits. That means this place is really doing an impressive job, or, well, all of us are just a little bit kooky and need a place like this. Either way, I appreciate the welcome from a fellow former lurker.

19. NoaWinchester

Thanks for reassuring me, I get mad at myself when I make mistakes in English.

I think it's definitely a combination of both. :thumbsup: It's nice to see a place where you can unabashedly be yourself and it's accepted as the normalcy.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I see you are from Israel, if your location as of typing this is correct. Considering that's pretty much the home turf of Judeo-Christianity, do you not feel any sort of anxiety or nervousness, at all, living there?