1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from NC

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SeekingTruth, May 11, 2014.

1. SeekingTruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello to all.

I am a male roughly between 25 and 35 years old. I have dated one woman in my entire life despite many opportunities. I married her, divorced her. I really don't know how best to introduce myself, so bear with me if you will.

Ever since I could remember, I have felt different. I have almost always been shy around and towards females. I am not shy around males. I have "experimented" some as a kid with both heterosexual and homosexual things. Frankly I had no issues with the homosexual experiments but did have issues with the heterosexual experiments. I find myself attracted to both genders (and those in between as well). However, I cannot see myself engaging in homosexual acts despite the obvious attraction. This has caused me much grief.

My point is, at this time I appear asexual to others as I have been single for about five years now (after being married for four years and being single my entire life before). However I am confused, so very confused. Sometimes I will find myself attracted to the opposite sex and no attraction to the same sex. Sometimes I will find myself attracted to the same sex and not the opposite sex. This is what I suspect led to the downfall of my marriage. I was not always "interested" in my then wife.

I feel I need to come to a better understanding as to my orientation and who I am before I try to get into another relationship. That is why I have decided to come (back) here to Empty Closets (I was a short term member a LONG time ago but fell away due to marriage issues). I have love to give, however am confused how to give it.

I also have medical issues. I have Attention Deficit Disorder, possibly high functioning Aspergers (unconfirmed, not sure if I want to know) and a bit of dyslexia. I have also let myself go quite a bit over the last decade, however I am working on it.

Sorry if this has been an odd or long winded introduction. Doesn't help that I am fairly tired from a long day of work. Thank you all :slight_smile:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome!

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He