1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by IamthatIam, May 12, 2014.

1. IamthatIam

IamthatIam Guest

Came across this site quite by accident and thought, "Hey, I think I would like to become a member." That big STOP and READ THIS sign is kind of scary. But I am used to stepping off into the unknown and landing on my . . . feet.

If anyone is planning on visiting Hawaii, do let me know and I will fill you in on some of the pit falls to avoid. It can be a delightful adventure provided you have a plan ahead of time.

I've lived here 11 years after retiring from the workaday world which I don't miss at all. I have 3 dogs, 4 lovebirds, 4 canaries, one parakeet, a mess of laying hens and a floor loom upon which I weave all sorts of wonderful things which I give away - I call it random acts of kindness.

I've been a student of Metaphysics and Mysticism for over half a century and spend a good deal of time on the Internet giving back all that I have garnered during that time. There is a lot of confusion out there that does not necessarily have to be.

I've read many of the forum posts here and am somewhat surprised at how many unhappy and confused gay people there are. I'm hoping that I can be of benefit in that area since I have been through it all as far as being gay and enduring the slings and arrows of outrageous civilized opposition. I may be able to give a little comfort to those in need of it.

Roy Rogers was my first gay fantasy at the age of 7 until I realized, "Hey, wait a minute, he's a man and I'm a boy. Something is not quite right here." And the secret journey began until I was old enough to go off on my own. I got over Roy eventually, too bad, and finally stopped hating Dale - you grow.

And here I am at 75 in a very nice place surrounded by three spoiled dogs who are sound asleep and loyal as the day is long and a parakeet named Cleopatra who has just begun to talk and whistle.

I moved around so much, 37 time, that I never acquired a lasting relationship with another guy; and I regret that. There was a very good friend in Chicago, north side, by the name of Russell who used to send me signals that he was interested in taking our friendship to the next level. I recall them now but was too dumb at the time to recognize what he was doing and I regret that. He was beautify in every way possible -- I still fantasize what life would have been like with him as 'we' instead of 'him' and 'me'. The worst part is I can't remember his last name to even reach out now. "Sorry Russ, for being such a big fool. Hope you are well and happy." So, if I ever give any advice it would be not to miss those signals - follow up on them - who knows it may be the crowning glory of your life on this beautiful planet.

Obviously I have a penchant to write and I apologize if I have droned on too long. Glad to be here. Life can be a chair of bowlies. Bye for now.

#1 IamthatIam, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  2. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

Welcome (officially) IamthatIam! :icon_bigg

3. lovely lesbian

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. NoaWinchester

Hello and welcome aboard! Wow, seems like you're leading quite an interesting life. Hawaii seems cool, I might visit it one day!

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

You live in my favorite place in the world =o Welcome to ec =]

8. Jethro702