1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just another newbie.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by tenxage, May 20, 2014.

1. tenxage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey,
    I'm a 16-year-old transguy. Probably. I'm still not sure about that, to be honest, but I know I'm definitely not comfortable being perceived as a girl. Found this site while looking up what exactly that famous second puberty does to your body.
    I'm glad this place exists, because LGBTQIA+ people definitely need safe places.

Now for a question.
    Transgendered people out there: how and when did you realize you were trans? How did you come out to your parents and family, and how did they react?

2. ratatattat

ratatattat Guest

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I've felt I was male since I was probably 6, I've dressed as a male from the first instance I could choose male clothing, always had male mannerisms and so on. I realized I was actually trans when I was 14, I'm also 16, so we're probably in similar situations. I'm out to parents and a few people from school, my parents think it's demonic influence and I should see a priest while people at school (who are part of an LGBT club) are completely fine with it.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how did you realize you were trans?

I gave in to a long-standing urge to buy panties. Then I felt disgusted and ashamed and hid them for a while. I thought I would experience some sexual feelings when I wore them, but I didn't. It just felt normal. Then I started to want to buy skirts. I thought I was perhaps a cross-dresser or something.

Then I had a series of mental breakdowns, a bunch of therapy and started dealing with a host of emotional and mental issues and I realised that actually I wasn't happy being a guy. At all.

when did you realize you were trans?

Last year.

How did you come out to your parents and family, and how did they react?

Mum - came out as bisexual. She said "as long as you don't start wearing dresses". I got upset and started an argument. Every week I would demand an apology and she refused to admit she had done anything wrong, so I explained what she did and why it was bad. Eventually she accused me of "talking in riddles" and "not being clear", so I shouted at her "Oh you want fucking clear?! I'm pretty fucking sure I'm a girl".

She broke. Took months to fix.

Dad, grandma, brother - told face to face. They took it OK. Found it confusing and very shocking but basically they were fine.

Sisters - face to face. They both cried and worried about losing 'sam'. Didn't take them too long to embrace 'Holly'.

Dad's parents - face to face. They flat out told me they thought it was an awful idea and that I was making lots of problems and that this wouldn't solve anything.

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! :grin:

When did I realise? I began questioning a year ago, but came to the realisation about 6 months ago. (Though still questioning it!)

Not out to parents, so yeah.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people