1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and need to talk...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Sjrain, May 21, 2014.

1. Sjrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone. I was searching the web for help and came across this site. I'm a 39 year old divorced gay father of two pre-teen children. My kids, brothers, and ex wife all know I'm gay and are completely supportive. The problem seems to be that I have spent so much of my life repressing my desires and hating myself that I've become completely isolated. I don't know what to do. I'm depressed most of the time. I can't seem to let people in because I have spent my life only revealing small parts of who I am. I'm just so tired. Tired and scared that life is passing by so quickly and I still feel like I need to be ashamed.

2. photogSIL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Sjrain, first off welcome!
    Secondly, hang in there. Many people go thru stages of isolation. Myself included. After my divorce U found myself lost and alone. I started going to a local bookstore, coffee houses, a few clubs just to get out of my box. I'm not sure what type of community you live in, but those may be some options. I went about 20 miles outside of my community. And it did help a lot. Lots of luck to you!! And definitely many good ppl here to help and listen. Welcome again!

3. pianokeysry91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome!! I hope you find the support and answers you are looking for here!
    You sound like a wonderful person and its great to hear your family is supportive! (Many aren't) I for one feel its never too late for change and sincerely wish you the best!

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people