1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been out for years and still struggling

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BeMyCancer, May 22, 2014.

1. BeMyCancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys... I totally had no idea there was a website/forum for us! I am so happy.

I found this by searching "forums for lesbian relationships" and this popped up. I was totally floored. I should've known but didn't. Haha.

But hi! I'm Chrissy, I'm 26 years old. I came out to my mom really young, I had my first "girlfriend" when I was 8 years old (we still are in contact with each other and she's completely out of the closet as well). I just went up to her and told her "Mom, I have a girlfriend!". I am completely lucky, my mom is really young & bisexual so she just laughed and said ok. But I have struggled with my sexuality off and on for years.. I was married for 4 months to a guy, who is the sweetest man alive & still my best friend... And I still really just wish... ugh.. That I could be the "normal christian girl" who is married, with two kids and a white picket fence.

Instead, I'm a lesbian who has fallen in love with her best friend and is watching that relationship crumble after only 7 months. And realizing, this is a serious pattern with me.. So if anyone has advice on how to keep a relationship work when things get really rough.. Feel free to give it! :slight_smile:

2. BlueBerryHearts

Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol Hello and welcome Chrissy ^^ Just because your gay doesn't mean that you aren't normal though, and I could give you some advice, but you'd have to tell me a little more in detail on how she reacts and what you say to her--I don't want to know this cause I'm nosy, it's just, there are certain ways to handle certain people, so, it's not cause I'm nosy or anything XD Lol.

P.S: Your mom's awesome XD

3. BeMyCancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww thank you.

It's just little stuff. We argue over the smallest of things, each accusing each other of twisting words and depressed due to stress.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people