1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be gay.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Blue25, May 23, 2014.

1. Blue25

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there, I'm 18 years old and I think I might be a lesbian. I've had a couple of crushes on male friends (one of whom has since come out as being gay himself!) over my teenage years but I've never felt comfortable or natural around boys and, I've never really been sexually attracted guys. I'm a relatively attractive, slim girl so I do get quite a lot of attention from guys, but I just feel really awkward around them so I've never had a relationship with a guy.
    I started becoming curious about women when I was about 13 and I could easily select at least 20 female celebrities that I find hot, whereas I would struggle to think of 5 guys that I would be attracted to.
    I'm not sure what to do now though because I can't really talk to my friends about my uncertainty because they're all straight girls so I don't want them to feel uncomfortable. Also, I'm not sure if I just feel like this because I've never been with a guy.

Thank you!
    xxx

2. mangotree

Hi Blue25,
    Welcome to EC.
    Please know that you're not alone and that what you have experienced (and what you are experiencing) is completely normal and many people on this site have gone through similar things.
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them in the forums.

Also, straight people don't need to have gay experiences to know they're straight - it is the same (but opposite I guess) for us. Just something to think about.

Peace be with you.

3. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

Welcome to EC:grin:

4. Caleb2001

:smilewave Hey Welcome to EC. Lots of people hre willing to help in lots of way. Just give them a chance:icon_bigg

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people