1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy, or something a long those lines.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Wuggums47, May 23, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Hello, I'm new to these forums, I'm not really signing up because I'm questioning anything or struggling to come out, but I just thought it would be nice to have a place to chat about LGBT topics.

In my gender field I say I'm ambivalent, and that's a term I've recently come up with to describe my gender identity. It sounds kind of stupid, but I didn't really feel like I was transgendered, it's more that I don't really care much about my own, or anyone else's gender. I don't believe biological sex or gender identity should limit what people can and can't do. I'm male, but when I go to clubs for things I'm interested in, it's almost all women there. I don't like sports or hunting or cars or even the color of most men's apparel. In day to day life, I just call myself a man because it's easier than saying all of that to everyone you meet. By my appearance, about 35% of strangers think I'm female, and 65% think I'm male. It used to be 80%+ think I'm female, but then I cut my hair. I think because I'm overweight it dilutes out my features more and makes it difficult to recognize my biological sex.

As for my sexuality, I think once again it's a matter of not caring much about gender. I say bisexual because more people know what that is, but I would say that I'm more concerned about what kind of person someone is. That's not to say I wouldn't think that looking attractive isn't a plus, but it's not the first thing on my mind, and I think my definition of attractive might be a bit different than most people.

That being said, my sexuality and Gender are hardly the most interesting thing about me. I have a variety of interests and hobbies. I do origami, and not the easy kind, I can fold most Satoshi Kamiya models. I spin my own yarn, and then crochet with it, I have recently taken up freeform crochet. I have a deep passion for math, the sciences, and the arts. I make Chainmaille jewelery, and I have an interest in almost anything nerdy, including but not limited to Doctor Who, Star Trek and anime.

I'm somewhat of an unusual person, and people generally recognize that as soon as they meet me. I'm very open and compassionate, and have never been angry for longer than five minutes.

I also have struggled in the past with severe mental illness, but am much better now.

Like all people, I can't sum myself up in a single introduction, but I think this should give you a general idea of who I am. I look forward to meeting all of you as well.(&&&)

2. Kat777

Hello :slight_smile: very pleased to meet you :grin:

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Since I'm new here I think I'll ask a question, what's with this regular member thing? It looks like there are other kinds, and it says as a regular member I can't use the chatroom. I don't have to pay anything do I?

4. Kat777

As soon as you post on about 50 forums, and have been here a few weeks, you can apply for "full membership" on one of the other forums, i think. There's no fee or anything like that :slight_smile:

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Oh okay, thanks.

6. Kat777

no problem :slight_smile:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people