1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Guys

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by lavalamp1125, Jun 1, 2014.

1. lavalamp1125

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys. I looked up this website hoping for some support from people who are in the same situation as me. I am a lesbian and have been with my girlfriend for over a year and a half. I first knew I liked girls when I was in middle school. I really admired girls and their bodies. I often made up scenarios in my head about going up to one of them and telling them how pretty they were but I always too shy. I also was told all my life it was wrong to be gay, so I felt guilty thinking about it and I would quickly shove the visions out of my head. When I entered high school, I quickly slipped down the slope and fell head over heels for a girl and attempted to hide it from my parents. When my parents found out, it was a catastrophe and I ended up destroying their trust and for awhile they sent me to counseling and a lot of churches services to treat my "illness". After about a year I got a boyfriend and proceeded to be "normal". When I went to college everything started all over and I found myself head over heels for another girl. I told my mom after hiding it for a year, and she is very negative towards me and my lifestyle. She tells me I am very selfish for making her deal with this and I need to change because this is not what God would want.

So that is basically my story and I really just need some support from people that have parents who do not support them. I need to feel not so alone.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh im sorry (*hug*) what about your other family?

3. lavalamp1125

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    they feel the same way about me as she does unfortunately

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh im sorry, well just try to surround yourself with friends, people that love and accept you for who you are :slight_smile:

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to Empty Closets! I''m glad you have decided to join and shared part of your story.

I'm sorry to read that your parents aren't accepting due to their beliefs. For some parents, coming around, and realizing that not being straight is okay and a part of life, can take some time. But hopefully, and as time passes, your parents will come around, and be accepting. (*hug*)

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will be able to find a few members to whom you can relate, and who can relate to you.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy your time on the site! :slight_smile: :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)