1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from London

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by runningboy35, Jun 3, 2014.

1. runningboy35

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there,

I have just joined the forum and wanted to say hello.

Having recently turned 35, I have decided that I need to address my confusion and try and work out what the deal is.

I'm a male (in the physical form) but feel more female (in gender) than male.

Throughout my younger years, people would often refer to me as 'She' and before I started growing stubble, it wasn't rare for people to think I was female.

I naturally assumed I was gay (as I was attracted to men), so once I turned 18 I started checking out gay bars and having my first experiences with men.

It never felt totally 'right' (being with a man did, but the gay scene didn't).

I have never had a relationship as I just don't 'feel' gay or relate to gay men.

I am attracted to straight men, but as a female being attracted to a straight man rather than as a gay man being attracted to a straight man.

This has obviously meant not having a partner because straight men are attracted to the female form, not the male one.

I guess I'm just wanting to get this out of my head as I have never told anyone about how I feel and it feels good to get it out.

I actually like my body and don't necessarily feel I'm in the wrong body, but then I am attracted to the male form, so I guess I might like my body because I like the male form (I guess that would mean I fancy myself!)

But I don't know how I can have a relationship with a straight man while I have the body of a man, even though I feel I am a woman in the non-physical sense.

I just don't feel gay and don't know if a relationship could be sustained with a gay man beyond the physical element, as he would be wanting a male in both body and mind, whereas I would only fill the remit for the male body but not the mind part.

I hope I've made sense, and thank you for reading.

Runningboy35

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. lovely lesbian

4. runningboy35

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning