1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former Husband is Transgender

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nat923, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Nat923

I was happily married for 6 years. Have a 17 y.o. beautiful daughter by him. Although I asked that we go to counseling to help integrate the lifestyle change and accepted him fully as did our daughter he abandoned us. Have tried to be a part of his life for years. He now says he has no memory of us ever being together. He did his own operation bc he wouldn't wait until laws were changed. Now they have in MA in regard to Mass Health covering operations. He has bee hospitalized and been found to have schitzoaffective disorder. I am still in love with him and can not let him go. He has been with numerous people besides me since the change. I always thought true love would be a forever connection. I have paid all kf our bills, helped her back on her feet. She says she still wants to be friends, but can not understand the pain i have gone through by her not remembering us being together. She says it's because she is a different person and spirit now and this is why and i should accept it. I am so confused. I have been supporting our daughter on my own since she was 3. When i would come home from working my four jobs she would say she forgot to feed her. I had to leave for the sake of my daughter and seek divorce. I know this also has a great to do w her mental illness as well. I just dont understand what happened or how i can help. I still love my husband now wife. No one can understand this. I see a therapist and even she cant help. Its making me insane. ANY thoughts WELCOME!!!!:bang::tears::icon_sad:

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi
    I am not sure how I can help but if you ever need a friend I'm here for you :-D

3. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi Nat923, welcome to EC! :slight_smile: It sounds as though you've got a lot on your plate with your ex. I think you might get more responses in either the Gender Identity section, or the Friends and Family of LGBT section, you could post again in one of those sections, or ask the admins to move this thread there. More people will likely see it there/respond.

4. Nick07

I am afraid this has little to do with your partner being transgender. But it says a lot about the person they are. Or about how the disorder can influence judgement.
    I am sorry. (*hug*)