1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kerots101, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Kerots101

Kerots101 Guest

Hi All!
    Just to let you know, I'm Ben.
    I'm 16 and I live in a small town near London.
    I've come here because, for the last year or two, I have been greatly questioning my orientation... The more and more I see, the more anxious I feel, the more I question myself.

I've never had a relationship, but I have dreamt of it many a time. Throughout my childhood, I would always hear my family and their friends talking about how bad homosexuals are, and that they're a disgrace, and that they'd hate any member of the family if they 'turned out to be a homosexual'.
    Anyways, I've never been the social type; I always moved from friend-group to friend-group, never developing friendships to outside of school. This continued, but in my latter years of Secondary School I developed a 'deep' friendship with a guy in all of my classes. As of that point, I started to fantasize about us being together. In a relationship. I was always told it was wrong, but I couldn't help it, I really got on with him, and he was the only person I could talk to, vent to. I pushed this to the side, thinking how wrong it was, until now.
    I recently watched a film, "The Sitter". In this, there's a minor sub-plot about one of the anxiety-ridden kids, who turns out to be gay. This sub-plot played out through two major scenes:

First Scene
    Second Scene

As soon as I watched these scenes, I instantly began to think of my friend in that way again. For the past few days, I have felt like utter $h#t, incredibly anxious, worrying about everything, for absolutely no reason. And... I didn't know where to turn to, I can't talk to anyone in person (I trust VERY few people), I can't talk to him about it, and I kinda don't have any other friends. So I was hoping people on EC may have some advice on what to do?

Thanks (&&&)
    Ben

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NYeBl9l2kE

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people