1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by corvusalbus, Jun 12, 2014.

1. corvusalbus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone,
    I just found this site browsing and it looks wonderful. Well, I should introduce myself, I'm 27 and born female but recently I have started to doubt my gender identity. It feels a little silly writing this, because why now? I'm 27, shouldn't I have known sooner?
    Anyway, I have only talked about this to my boyfriend and he is very supportive, but we live in different countries at the moment so that's a bit difficult.

But anyway, I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, except hello everyone and you all seem really sweet and I hope that I'll maybe meet someone that can understand how I'm feeling.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Zelos

Hi Corvusalbus! Welcome to EC. I'm having the same doubts as you are :slight_smile: I've allso recently been questioning my gender identity, and I'm glad to see through your example that one can doubt at any age. Of course, I also have the same feeling you do: if we're questioning our gender identity, why didn't we do it sooner? But I don't think we can really answer that mysterious question, in the same way that one may wonder why, for example, some people have always known they were gay and some dicover it really "late" :slight_smile:

4. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Hey welcome to EC:slight_smile:

5. corvusalbus

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:
    And yes exactly Sheena, it feels a little silly at first but honestly I thought for the longest time that I was just really bad at being a girl (and not even a "girly girl", whatever that means, just being the gender female) and I didn't realise that the discomfort I've been feeling could stem from not feeling at home in my gender expression.

6. xxemilyxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and Welcome :slight_smile:

7. Sca

Sca Guest

Hi, welcome here :slight_smile: I don't think there's such thing as 'too late' or 'too soon' - or at least, I personally don't believe in it anymore. I used to think that being seventeen, I am too young to question my gender, even though I've seen people on the internet, younger than me, doing the same. I tried to reject the idea, tried to deny that I don't feel like I'm a girl 100% of the time but then slowly, I started to discover small things, memories from the past, etc -so I found 'evidence'. And I thought, if I had discovered this sooner, I would have realized I'm genderfluid at, I dunno, the age of thirteen or something and I'd have been among those younger kids I've wrote about a few lines above. So, yes, some of us just need some time to tidy up the mess in their heads and find out who they are - but that's not a problem at all :slight_smile: