1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FireRose2071, Jun 15, 2014.

1. FireRose2071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone! I'm glad to be here :slight_smile:

I'll tell you all a short summary as best as I can...well, I grew up all over the place with my dad, step mom, and my older brother, Eric. Eric was a huge part of my life. He came out to our family as gay many years ago, and I always looked up to him. We were very close. So, when I came out to my family shortly after, no one believed me thinking I was just trying to follow him. He took his own life when I was 16 and he was 19. I was devastated, to say the least.
    Now, at 23, that pain has become a dull ache, and I miss him every day. Knowing what i know now, seeing what happened after my brother died...and going through everything that I've gone through, it's taken me a long long time to come to terms with who I am as a person.

Throughout my life, I have always dated guys. I never *really* liked them. I only responded to them when they said they liked me. "Ohmygosh, you like me?! That's crazy! We should date!" I've always been attracted to women, I've always thought they were pretty and everything--I even "experimented" with some of my female friends at sleepovers and whatnot throughout high school. There was one girl in particular that I fell in love with...looking back, she used this against me. Well, you live and you learn.

I'm afraid that as a lesbian who's dated mostly men, other lesbians will look at me and think I'm gross because I've touched a man. Then I also think, well, if they're so closed minded that they wouldn't want to date me because of that, then they're too narrow-minded anyways. Still....

Well, there's a short summary of me :3 I've come out to most of my friends, all very supportive, but I haven't come out to my family because they're all very Christian/conservative.

I look forward to chatting with all of you :slight_smile:

2. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Hi! Pleasure to meet you! Welcome to EC! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. Ilyasdfghjkl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't see why girls wouldn't like you just because you've dated guys. I mean if your gay you probably understand how hard it is to come out. Plus theirs bi people so yeah. Don't worry :slight_smile:

5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Hey welcome to EC:slight_smile:

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people