1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by IceBlueRoze, Jun 21, 2014.

1. IceBlueRoze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey I love the fact that this online community exists and because I'm going to be coming out soon (or at least I want to) I feel that a community like this could be just what I need to muster the confidence. My biggest hill to overcome is my very homophobic parents and ironically one of my best friends is also a terrified homophobe. Most of my best friends are open enough that if I were to come out that I think they would still respect me and value me as a person. But my parents...that's gonna be tough. My mom is a VERY conservative VERY Christian and above all EXTREMELY homophobic. And my father is actually not that homophobic, but because I'm bisexual and his brother was bisexual and he didn't get along with his brother and he ended up getting mixed up with drugs and got HIV and eventually committed suicide before 40. It is funny really, that if I was gay that it would be easier for my dad. Idk...I want to just move away several hundred miles from all of them and come out to a community that I wouldn't have to care if I knew them or not. I'm very comfortable with myself. But if I do that I'm just running away from my problems right?

2. lovely lesbian

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Toast8971

5. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi IceBlue, well you've certainly come to the right place; a great community of intelligent, insightful folk.
    Welcome
    :slight_smile:

6. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, welcome!:slight_smile: I am so sorry to hear about your dad's brother/ your uncle. That is just tragic. I am also sorry about your best friend and mother being so homophobic and lack of understanding. I also hope you muster up the courage to come out to your family and friends! Good luck!