1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here, friend hunting/other things

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by elyk, Jun 24, 2014.

1. elyk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just joined this site, and I love it so far! Ok so I'm gonna vent to y'all a little. I'm chubby (cue eyerolls from you all) and I hate the fact that everyone I seem to meet only cares about fit guys. Online dating sites do diddly squat. And no one I talk to in the "real" world doesn't seem to be interested. It's truly frustrating to be in this position. I'm happy with my weight so why can't everyone else? It's like, all I want is a tall skinny guy with glasses but everyone I meet isn't a chubby chaser.
    Whew good to get that off my chest. Now if you happen to be near Rhode Island, Massachusetts or Connecticut I would love to chat with you (out of this area too haha but I'm looking for people to hang out with/date) pending you don't care/prefer chubby guys.

2. LD579

Hello, and welcome to EC =] EC isn't a site for dating or hanging out, but you can talk to people either for or about support or about miscellaneous things.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, mate! ^_^ Plenty of friends to be made here. :slight_smile:

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For what it's worth, there are a lot of people who LOVE chubby guys (including one of our former site admins.) While the conventionally cute guys get a lot of attention, I know quite a few people who have no interest or attraction in anyone who doesn't have plenty of extra meat on their bones. :slight_smile:

So one of the best things you can do is learn to love who you are, as you are. If you aspire to lose weight, that's OK, but the part about loving yourself *has* to come first. If you say "Well, I'll love myself when I lose x pounds", all that will happen is you'll reset the bar when you hit your target weight.

It might be a little more challenging to find the guys that will be attracted to you, but one suggestion might be to search for groups in your area focused on social activities for gay men. In many areas, there are bowling leagues, game nights, movie or book clubs, hiking clubs and the like all for gay men. Those can be a great place to meet a variety of interesting people.

And I think if you stick around here and talk more about how you're feeling, contribute to the community, and read some of the things others have written... that, too, should help your self esteem. :slight_smile:

6. wolf of fire

Welcome to EC enjoy your time here

7. Yosia

Hiyaaa! ^.^

8. lovely lesbian

9. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hello I hope you enjoy yourself and make new friends here on the EC forum I am also new :slight_smile: have fun and also I hope that you find the advice and support so desperately needed :slight_smile: