1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm both new...and nervous

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by C06122014, Jun 25, 2014.

1. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I am new to the EC website and have joined because I need to talk to a person/group of people who understands the situation that I am in, and who will also help me understand overall what coming out to my family/ friends will be like. Based on experiences that some of you have had.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hello and welcome, dude you will find people that can help you here

3. ZombieGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    WELCOME IM NEW AS WELL
    I never actually sat down and talked to my parents and family about my sexual orientation.
    I came out to my little sister first. I freaked thinking she knew and it just came out lol.
    To my older brother in 11 or 10 grade. He thought I said it to be more appealing to the guys. My dad and me never talked about it. And I told my mom during a breakdown we had. We were talking about an issue and I told her taking advantage that she would support me. She did. Now and then she tries to get me with a guy but she likes my gf. I know deep down she wishes I married a man though. Don't be scarred. It will take you as long as you need but a parents unconditional love will always prosper.

4. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Although I am nervous to tell my family, I am for some odd reason most worried about my extended family. I had a sort of test run and told a close friend she was very supportive, she reacted by simply giving me a hug and saying it was ok and happy I entrusted her with my secret.

5. lovely lesbian

6. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there, and welcome to EC. You'll find a lot of support and friendship here :slight_smile:

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

:slight_smile:Thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi of corse you can talk to us :-D

9. Kabuki

Welcome :grin:

I hope you have a great time here on EC! I'm sure many of us are willing to hear you out and share experiences to help you out with anything. Feel free to rant, vent and any other thing you feel you need to do and we will try our best to help you, support you and advice you. :slight_smile:

10. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I think I will enjoy my time here on EC I've been reading the forums for a couple days now but I didn't make an account until today.

#10 C06122014, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  11. Kabuki

Then you will definitely enjoy it! The forum is great and the best of all is, everyone here is lovely and helpful. I hope you make friends that, even if you don't know them in real life, they become part of your life. :grin:

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yes everyone is helpful and lovely! and as you said I know I will make new friends because the people here on EC give advice and support to each other which is what was special about this website and that is also what lured me in :slight_smile:

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. Kabuki

That was the reason I ended on here too. I needed help with coming to terms with my sexuality and after reading a couple of threads here, and seeing how they helped each other I just had to make one and seek out the help and support I needed.

15. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

OMG I accidently erased the message which was really long twice so I'm going to try again here it is
    So I am a very flamboyant person and I love to make people smile and laugh and so a while ago I guess you could say I went into a depression after watching a movie on Netflix named Bride groom(I know it's ridiculous I went into a depression after watching a movie) and so people started to take notice I kinda stopped being Flamboyant and started ask and I had to tell someone and I told my best-friend who took it very well she was supportive but then I started to think about how she can't relate to me because well she's not gay haha and so I remembered about this website and well now I'm here
    Sorry about the length of the message :grin:

16. Kabuki

Not at all, it wasn't long, I've written longer ones hehe and erasing the message also happens to me, very frustrating actually, even more when you write like two paragraphs and you just get tired and write something shorter.

It's not ridiculous to get depressed over a movie, I get depressed sometimes after hearing songs, and not the depressing ones. Well at least someone in your inner circle knows and can at least support you a bit, yeah she might not be gay, but we go through the same or at least similar problems as straight people. But yeah, I know what you are getting at, no matter how much they wish to help, sometimes there are things they won't understand unless they are gay. :grin:

17. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yea and although I feel better now cause I know if anything ever goes down I can tell her but I still needed someone who understands that keeping this is a secret actually hurts I mean yes I know that it does get better, but not before getting worse and now I'm in high school and although I am enjoying my time there now I know that people can be tough especially when your different

18. Kabuki

I completely understand the feeling. I was always the kid that was called names, so I know how it feels to be seen as different, and high school students can be very mean so hang in there because like you said, things do get better with time.

19. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yea and I don't know I feel like I can't do it now because I don't want to complicate things I want to be able to say yes I am gay, when asked but I don't feel like I can do that in my sophomore year of high school I want to do it when meeting new people and I thought about coming out at the beginning of freshmen year but I quickly convinced myself not to and well my closet yup I'm still in it

20. Kabuki

You should come out when you are ready. No one is allowed to make you come out when you don't feel ready. I came out through facebook the 1st of June and when people who saw my post and even liked it say things about me and girls I can't seem to say "I don't like girls. I like guys." even after them knowing, so I feel you. Just take your time and everything will be fine.