1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and Confused

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Heather137, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Heather137

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone, I'm Heather. It actually took a lot for me to finally join a site like this but I think it might help make things clearer for me. My whole life I've considered myself straight but every guy I have ever dated has just seemed like something was missing. There's never been any passion or any desire. I just thought it was because I haven't found the right guy, and who knows maybe that is all it is, but this past weekend my cousin told me he was questioning his sexuality and it made me rethink everything. I am so supportive of him and realized that maybe I also am bisexual or a lesbian. I have found girls attractive, sometimes more so than guys, but I have never acted on anything. I decided to take a leap of faith along with my cousin and explore the possibilities. I decided that with him to support me and me to support him it was finally time to be open to the idea. Any advice for someone who is completely new to everything? After years of questioning and doubting I'm ready to finally figure things out.

2. lovely lesbian

3. Hexagon

Welcome to EC. As far as advice goes, I'm not sure. But something to keep in mind: It's nice when the answers are obvious, but they aren't always. Sometimes it takes a change of perspective to realise that what you feel is all the answer you need, even though it doesn't feel like enough.

4. Korean

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally took quite some time to realize that i was bisexual, even though the signs were all there. But once I did everything became so clear.

So, if you ever need anyone to talk to about anything, you can talk to me and I'll do what I can to try and help c:

5. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Welcome to EC, hope you'll find some answers.

6. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hi and welcome to EC I also joined yesterday I hope you make new friends here and get all the support and advice you need and I also hope that you're able to come to terms with your sexual orientation. If you ever need a friend and want to talk you can post on my wall. :slight_smile:

8. Silas

Hello and welcome! :slight_smile:

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Tudor

Hi I'm new to here too :slight_smile:

Totally get your confusion...I started my journey 6 years ago and it took me a long time to get where I am now...I realised the answers I was seeking were always inside me...I just needed to trust myself