1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Time to Say "Hello"

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by skyrad95, Jul 3, 2014.

1. skyrad95

Hey peeps! I have been contemplating as to whether I should sign up for this but I guess I needed to have someone to talk to about my sexuality and how to handle it. Well, I have come to terms that I am bisexual but pretty much a 5 out of 6 from the Kinsey Scale, which means I'm pretty much gay but occasionally do have attraction for the other gender. So far the only person who knows about this is my youngest sister because she can see right through me and somehow because of that we have grown so close together and she respected it. The problem is with my brother and my parents, and I don't think my father (especially) is fond at all with the idea of me being gay. Just coming here for some insights, advice on coming out and get to know more new people, more the reason to say "Hi!" to you guys. :slight_smile: I am just so glad to not be the only one because I have sleepless nights worrying about this.

2. Vampire

Hey and welcome to EC! :grin:

First of all, don't hurry tagging yourself regarding your sexuality. You are who you are and you're perfect like that.
    Second, you should come out to your family by telling the member you trust most (i.e. your mother) and ask that person to tell the rest of the family, again, one by one. I think that your family will understand you, since you're their son and brother.
    A tip is to not go around it, just tell it right away. Don't try making them come to the conclusion.

I hope I helped and if you need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate! :grin:

Lots of love,
    Andy

3. PaganPoetry

Hey welcome to EC! :sunglasses:

4. lovely lesbian

5. skyrad95

Thank you Andy :') That's very sweet of you but yeah I'm very analytical and tend over-exaggerate the use of scales but you're right, its who I am that its most important and it can't be measured using a scale. Thank you :slight_smile: Yeah, I will not give up trying to send the message, I did try my mom twice but she shrugs it off saying that I have watched too many TV series and novels involving guys with guys. Honestly, these are the sweetest, nicest and most romantic stuffs I have ever came across. Since then I have always have non-stop thoughts on homosexuality. Oh, and you have my heartiest congratulations for having came out especially to your mother. It must have been so nice to be who you are without having to fear judgement and criticism especially from your loved ones. Nonetheless, many thanks and much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Lots of love too,
    Rady

6. Vampire

Well, it also depends on the person. I am a rather stable and strong individual, and once I had my best friend's support, I felt invincible. Of course, telling my mother made it so much better! One thing I learned after my experiences with families having homosexual children and myself is that usually (99% of the time) even though the mother is the most hurt finding it out (they all hurt, but it passes with time) they're the ones who support their children, even though others might not. Also, me coming out to my mother was an accident, as a matter of fact. She overheard my convo with my bestie regarding my breakup, but it all turned out just fine.

One thing you always have to remember is smile, even though you don't feel like doing so. It'll make your day much more better. And if you're ever in doubt regarding how beautiful you are or how clever you are, anything like that, remember that there's always someone in this world who is looking for a person just like you. Something you have to learn in order to overcome sadness is to not care about other's opinions. It's hard, yes, but once you learn to ignore them, you'll be much more happier.

Lol,
    Andy

7. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

8. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! I hope you like it here :slight_smile:.

9. Silas

Hello and welcome to EC! :icon_mrgr

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people