1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi EC!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tenerife, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Tenerife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You can call me Dan. I've actually been a "member" here for a long time, but up until now I've been a bit of a monster in the closet because I've only creeped on others and read their stories from a distance without posting. If that sounds too creepy, just forget all of that and pretend Im completely new here because I pretty much am :thumbsup:

Some random introductory stuff:
    Im 17 years old, I live in Canada and I very much appreciate and love living here. Im unnaturally interested in "social" stuff (like politics, geography, psychology, etc)... to give you an idea, Ive memorized all the capital cities of the world and often spend time reading completely random stuff about different countries. Despite that making me sound like a typical quiet book nerd, I consider myself to be an outgoing person and I go out with my friends alot. Im a bit of an adrenaline junkie and I love amusements parks too much... Id be skydiving and bungee jumping and all that if it weren't for the age requirements :slight_smile:. Im also currently learning Spanish and Im about 6 months in; apart from English, I can already speak Vietnamese fluently since my family is from Vietnam.

Oh, and Im gay. I'm a very different person now (for the better) compared to who I was 1-2 years ago. I started lurking way before I made this account and I like to think that many of your stories on EC helped me out a lot (*hug*)

2. LD579

Ew, geography :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Welcome to EC =] #canadian #nationalism #hashbrowns

3. The Spark

That's way cool, that you memorized all the capital cities of the world. I'm hugely impressed. And you can speak other languages, that's cool. Welcome to EC!

4. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, feel free to message me if you need help or want to chat. You say you are an adrenaline junkie have you ever tried gorge walking?

5. lovely lesbian

6. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hey dan and welcome to EC i think? Although you have been here way longer than me,I hope you enjoy your time here and also make new friends who will both advise and support you but I hope that now that your going to be more involved you share you experiences with this community of wonderful people
    Good luck :slight_smile:

7. Tenerife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Luthan: Ey it's a BC'ian! Im going there pretty soon. Thanks :slight_smile: #taxes #ewwwhashbrowns

@The Spark: Thanks! Wow, I didnt know anyone lived in Wyoming :wink:. Jokes of course, I think its cool you're from there!

@wolf of fire: Thank you! I haven't tried gorge walking but it looks so freaking fun. Ill be honest that outside of river rafting and reverse bungee (which might as well have been in an amusement park) I havent gotten to do many things that are too wildy interesting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Age restrictions have so much to do with it but Im turning 18 in September and ill probably go a little more wild xD.

@lovely lesbian: Hi to you too :grin:

@C0958726984: Welcome sounds about right. Its not like you can say "Good to see you again!" right? Or maybe I think I should be the one welcoming you? Welcome to EC! Haha thanks, Ill be sure to do so. I feel a little bad for doing all taking and no giving

8. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Hey welcome to EC:slight_smile:

9. wolf of fire

How strict are the age restrictions in Canada?

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. Tenerife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @biffle50: Thank you very much!

@wolf: The age of majority in my province is 18 and so that is the age that applies as a restriction to most of what you could think of (tandem skydiving, bungee jumping, anything related to driving any sort of machine or vehicle). Im not willing to put in all that effort to become an exception :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Other things you just need consent from an adult (ziplining maybe? cant list off the top of my head) but my parents aren't exactly an option to get that consent so it's easiest for me to just wait.

@happydavid: Hello there nice to meet you!

12. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

13. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :grin: I think we all went through a period of lurking on here, anyways welcome to EC. Have to admit you sound like a awesome guy and crazy fun one from what you've said. Hope you find any advice you might want and people to talk to here. :slight_smile:

14. Hiems

OMG yess, another Viet person has joined EC. Welcome aboard bud :grin:

15. Kaeden42

Hi, from a fellow Canadian!

16. Tenerife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Hexagon: Thanks!! :slight_smile:

@ShadowRunner: Haha glad to see everyone's equally as creepy as me. Man you're too flattering haha, but seriously thanks for the welcome! You already sound awesome yourself :wink:

@Hiems: Thanks! :grin: Funnily enough I actually recognize your username from my months of lurking haha. I dont really know any Viet people in real life outside of my family, sadly. so you're already cool. There are others out here?!

@NBButch: So many Canadians coming this way, hi to you too!

17. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: Yes, a fellow book nerd~ *bows* Ooh, what about psychology interests you? I'm quite taken with it as well and plan to take it when I start Uni.

18. Silas

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

19. Candace

Hello Dan and welcome to EC! :grin:

20. Night Rain

Welcome to EC fellow Viet person! :grin: