1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I have no clue what I'm doing

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by PICollins91, Jul 9, 2014.

1. PICollins91

That's really it in a nutshell. I have no clue what I'm doing. This is the hardest thing thing I've ever attempted since "The Driver" mission in Vice City.

Well, to give you some background I'm 23, home-schooled and live in a town where the population is in the triple digits. Everyone I know would swear I'm straight but I know differently. Never talked to a single person before about this yet I've known fully since I was about eleven that I was not into girls that way but my Mom is a pretty conservative person and my late Dad was as well, and given a few of my friends were pretty heavy on using gay slurs I kept things bottled up. Things really became awkward though when I kind of fell in love with one of my close friends, I think he kind of felt some attraction to me as well but we never spoke of it and given our families I doubt we'd be in a good position if we had talked about it (he's Hispanic from a heavily Catholic family).

But things are changing, I'm certainly feeling older and I know my cover's going to be blown sooner or later and if it does I'd rather it be me to do so rather than someone else. I figure it will end up being in novel or short story form given I do like to write a lot, pulpy crime novels to be exact. That's actually where my username comes from. I've always been able to fix things and figure things out for myself but this is where I really am lost. I totally accept my orientation at this point but I realize I could be stirring up a nest of vipers by doing so. I don't have anyone to really talk to other than few online friends elsewhere and some of them are pretty conservative as well. This seems to be the safest place to do so.

And hey, this place has a dancing banana so no matter what happens there is always that.(!)

2. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, you will be able to get advice on family, friends and relationships from that section. Feel free to message me if you need help or want to chat.

3. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    I can understand about wanting to come out on your own terms, lol I'm still trying to figure out when to tell my mom but I'm out to several trusted people. I hope you can find people here on EC you can trust and be there for you. I urge you to start making a support network for yourself soon because the road you've chosen is gonna be tough, trust me I'm on it right now and it's great that you've taken the initiative. :eusa_clap This is a good place to start.

Good luck and hey, if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. (*hug*)

4. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    welcome to EC .

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you've taken this step toward coming out - it's certainly a very good start because, you're right, this is a very safe place to do it.

Hopefully we can help you work towards feeling comfortable coming out to folks IRL because, as you said, it'd be better if you blew your own cover, even if you aren't immediately accepted by everyone.
    Welcome to EC, mate. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Nice to meet you! See you around. :smilewave

6. Silas

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

7. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :grin:

8. PICollins91

Big thank you hugs to everyone for their well wishes and support, can't seem to get my teleporter to work so I have to settle for these little guys.(*hug*)

9. wolf of fire

Your welcome I haven't been hugged over the internet before

10. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

You are funny too!! Great
    But ok I want to say hey and welcome to EC I hope that with the help of the community and it's wonderful members, we are able to help you come to terms with your sexual orientation and are able to help you come out of the closet, but take your time you should be in no rush to leave that closet of yours empty. Well anyways good luck :slight_smile:
    If you ever need a friend don't hesitate to post on my wall :slight_smile:

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. vroompinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anyone with a James Bond avatar and an affinity for dancing bananas is welcome to be a friend of mine :slight_smile:
    I know that small town life can be super restrictive, and I feel like this is a great support community. Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, and you've got plenty of folks here to help you out!

13. Jemy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope things would turn out great for u as it was for me. I'm in a conservative family and we are Catholics. My parents were pretty accepting when I told them I'm gay. And hello, welcome to EC!! :grin: