1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OUT and about

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by hpamire79, Jul 20, 2014.

1. hpamire79

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    New here. I came out last year. Basically hoping to find an online forum of others who are out (or working on coming out), to talk and what not. It's hard to find gay message boards online where people just talk and give each other advice and such. Anyway, here I am. Hello all!

2. InhaleDreams

InhaleDreams Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome to EC! I'm open to talking! I'm glad you came out. Was it a long and hard process or did it just happen? I think a lot of people have a long and hard process for coming out.

3. hpamire79

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It weighed on my mind for a long time. I knew I was gay, and eventually came to accept that. In fact I had dated guys and just never told my family or friends, and as such these relationships never lasted very long. How could they, if I was doing so much hiding? In hindsight it sounds so terrible, but I think it just speaks to my mindset at the time.

Eventually, while away for work, I broke down in my hotel room: I was alone wishing I had someone significant in my life. Even while away for work it would be nice to come home to someone, and I knew that this would never be possible while I lived in the closet. I decided to skip all of my work obligations that day and spent it soul searching. Finally, while drinking at the hotel's bar, I called my family and friends and told them, and I told them that I don't care who knows. It shouldn't be a big secret.

I have to say that I felt so good telling people, and when I have the opportunity I still feel good. It is like it is a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. My family and friends accepted it happily, as I thought they would. I don't know how things would have been had it been a different situation.

4. InhaleDreams

InhaleDreams Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's nice to feel accepted. I was accepted at first because my dad had a huge dream of me marrying a nice guy and having kids. It's basically just the opposite. I've always knew I liked girls ever since I saw Ms. Honey on Matilda (circa. 2007) I was only 8 then. I always found it hard to like a celebrity that was a guy. My friends would always obsess over Johnny Depp and Zac Efron. Don't get me wrong, they are handsome. Just I wasn't attracted to them the way i was attracted to girls. I remember having crushes on Natalia Portman, Kiera Knightley, and Hilary Swank. I finally came out when I was 14 (just last year).

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM ----------

I wasn't accepted at first* darn

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM ----------

Natalie* My lord

5. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    no, i think its matilda i have seen the movie anyway, welcome hpamire79 :slight_smile:

6. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! It's a pleasure to meet you. Please feel free to ask questions and give any input as they are both highly valued here :slight_smile:.

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hey and welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy your time here.......my normal "welcome" wouldn't work for you cx. So hey welcome to EC I hope that you're able to make friends, so that you can both advise and support them, also I hope that you are able to share your experiences with this wonderful community and it's equally wonderful members. I say that all the time I'm out and about! :slight_smile:
    Well anyways good luck :slight_smile:
    And if you ever need a friend don't hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. lovely lesbian

10. hpamire79

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for such warm welcomes everyone. See you on the message board!

11. Dashton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome!