1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello there

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RobinHood, Jul 26, 2014.

1. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Hello good people of the Internet. :smilewave

I am a girl from a small country in Europe. I am 24 years old and I'm a student.

This recent event is bothering me for quite sometime and it made me to look for some answers from different people and their perspectives. So, I came here to speak my mind. I would like to go straight to the point.

I've been raised as a Protestant and my mother is a strong believer (I'm an atheist). She likes to help people and she is very kind. When I was about ten years old my mother was helping this woman she knew from our church. This woman was abused in her childhood and had a very miserable life. I assume that no one ever listened to her before. She was poor, married and had two children. With time, she developed a strong connection to the only person who has been there for her. She told my mother about her feelings. My mother was shocked and couldn't understand it. All of the people from the church insisted on her medical treatment. :bang: My mother was too scared so we never spoke of it and she left that church.

My first crush was in high school. It was a girl. I was in love with her for three days because I couldn't allow myself to be that person. So I went back to 'being normal'. After another three years of denial, I finally fell in love. It didn't last long but I've learned a lot from that girl and, of course, I had the chance to be myself.

Many years have passed, denial isn't a part of my life except in front of my mother. She is very sensitive and I feel like it's better for her not to know some things. Especially now when that woman suddenly visited us. She was there, knocking on our door because somebody stole her wallet. She was at the police station and had nowhere to go because she lives in another city (it's a village, actually). My mother talked to her, while I was literally hiding just in case something happens. I didn't want to hear the conversation but I did. She was telling my mother that she is sorry for what happened in the past and that she has a multiple personality disorder. She wasn't herself in the past but now she's better. She was hospitalized for some time and she is taking medicine. My mother told her it's the right thing to do and gave her some money for the train. I was screaming inside. I felt an urge to go to that woman and tell her it's normal, that she is perfectly fine and that she should be herself. The only reason why I didn't do it is my mother. Later on, the two of us talked about it and I told her my opinion on the subject. She never suspects anything, even though it's so obvious.

Thank you for your time and I'm sorry if this wasn't an appropriate hello post. :bang:

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Vampire

Hello and welcome to EC! First of all, I wish you a great time on here. :grin:

Second, it's sad to hear that poor woman's faith and how people reacted. I hate society. :l But, I'm glad you're finally coming to terms with your sexuality :grin:

Lots of love,
    Andy

4. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, sorry about your mum being unsupportive like that. Feel free to message me if you need help or want to chat.

5. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC!:smilewave. It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

6. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Thank you people :slight_smile:

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Hello, welcome. I'm confused, was the woman with multiple personalities a lesbian?

8. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Thank you. Yes, she is a lesbian but she has a husband and two children. The tragedy is that everyone raised her fear by telling her homosexuality isn't normal.

9. Silas

Hello and welcome! :slight_smile:

10. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

11. Hexagon

Welcome to EC