1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by anonymous98, Jul 27, 2014.

1. anonymous98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a 16 year old girl from England, and i have known for as long as i can remember that i am gay, or at least fancied girls more than boys. I would have been about seven or eight when I developed my first crush, of course at the time i didn't completely understand what i was feeling. She was one of my best friends and I am still friendly with her today, I have always been what you could call a 'tomboy', I used to dress in cargo pants and boys t-shirts, but as I got older I latched on to the fact that some people actually mistook me for a boy, and I guess I was just scared that someone might know I was gay, so I toned it down to the extent where sometimes I feel uncomfortable because I know I am lying. I have been going to an all girls school (ha ha I know stereotype much!) for 5 years and am about to go in to sixth form. I was really looking forward to sixth form because I feel I can be who I want with my new subject choices and so on, but I feel all the anxiety will still be there and actually although I will be more myself, in a sense I am actually not myself at all, and never truly have been, which is kinda scary. Going in to secondary school I started to notice how obsessed all my girl-friends were with boys and always talked about their celebrity crush, I would get so bored of this conversation (understandably) and even complain to my mum about how exhausting this topic of conversation was, she would say 'you are just like I used to be', at the time I took this as confirmation that I was straight, I thought 'oh, thank god, look at her she turned out fine, just you wait, you'll start liking boys soon enough'- as if. My feeling towards girls really heightened when I was 11-12, I had numerous crushes and got really nervous around them for no apparent reason, people just thought I was some weird loner because I was so paraniod that they'd be able to smell the gay on me, and I felt so badly about myself that I let them think that, because I thought anything could be better than the real reason. When I was 13, I fell in love, her name is Abi and she is the sweetest, kindest, most beautiful girl, I literally thought she was perfect, but again the problem was I didn't have the confidence to even talk to her, so the brief exchanges of eye contact and smiles would make my day, I would die on the days she didn't. One time she hugged me from behind to comfort me when I was crying on a particularly shitty day, she put her cheek to mine, I swear to god I almost kissed her, the only thing stopping me was that my friend was standing one meter behind me sooo... cock block much. I remember nights crying myself to sleep because I cared about her so much, but I knew I would never be able to express my feelings towards her. I started to get in to t.v shows as I guess a distraction to substitute my feelings, so I watched glee, and the character Santana really helped me realise who I am, plus Naya Rivera is mega hot! I heard that there was also a lesbian character in pretty little liars (again Shay Mitchell is beautiful, always a plus)- oitnb is my new obsession. People don't realise it but these characters really help people to understand they are not alone, even if the characters are 'fictional'. I really have been through tough times mentally, I am generally quite quiet so I bottle up all my feelings and beat myself up about every little thing, there were weeks on end when i would cry myself to sleep and wish I were dead, I even went through a self harming phase , that only stopped because I convinced myself that this behavior was selfish and at that time my grandpa passed away after a long and difficult fight against atypical Parkinsons, my dad moved to Malaysia and not long after my mum was diagnosed with cancer, I guess I just feel that I can't show any weaknesses and that I need to be there for my Mummy. The last few years I have been really mulling over the idea of being gay. I tried to turn myself straight looking at pictures of abercrombie models, that was a fail as instead I found myself looking at the female models more. I thought 'okay if I cant be straight I guess i'll just have to be bi'...yeah good luck with that one. I think my problem is i'm scared of what will happen if I do come out, and even though I know I am gay there is still a part of me that wants that 'normal' life with the husband and kids, and i'm scared of what people will think of me, I know my family will be supportive, i'm just worried that I will feel weird around them, and once i've said it, i've said it. I have been waiting all this time for the right moment to bring my sexuality up, but I am just so scared and besides I haven't even kissed a girl (or a guy even) before,so I guess you could say I have no solid proof that I am gay, apart from the attraction to girls. It's not that I don't find men good looking, because I do, I just don't have that emotional connection that I do with girls. Now that I think about it I guess I am waiting to find a girl that I really love the way I love(d) Abi and then I can say 'okay I am gay as can be' and go to my mum and be like, 'actually mum I like girls the way i'm supposed to like boys and i'm completely okay with it', I just don't know when that time will be. God why does it have to be so difficult, straight people don't have to come out as straight?!?!? I came on this site so that I can not just unload all my feelings I have kept locked so tightly inside me (I have never told anyone anything about this what so ever!), but also to find people who have been through what I have been through and got out the other side, also of course I am single and am open to a relationship, but thats beside the point right now. xxx

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey :smilewave

3. anonymous98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hi, your out status is very funny :slight_smile:

4. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, feel free to message me if you need help or want to chat.

5. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome. ^^ I wish you luck with coming out.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave. It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

9. lovely lesbian