1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a new guy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Autumnoflife, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Autumnoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi. I'm Autumninlife. I tried dating services but no answers. I really am in the autumn of life and my youth is way back there. I am single, living in a mid-size city but lack wheels so I don't get out much. I am not into bars anymore and too much drinking doesn't have the charm it once had. I'm quite lonely but I guess this is my lot in life. As I've been told I chose this way of life. I'm 57 with only a HS education but, I'm smarter than a lot of college grads. I find solace in my search for spiritual and emotional answers. My cat and I live day by day waiting for it all to end. I'm on SSDI after going thru a very dark time. I have chronic insomnia which meds help to a minimum. It's been hard accepting being a gay man, always hiding. I do enjoy classical music, traveling, tranquility, B/W movies and my apartment. I have no clue as to what the future holds and when I think of it I get melancholy and depressed. :icon_sad:

2. tulipinacup

Hello Autumninlife, Welcome to EC! and thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully you get to find what you're looking for here. Just know that this is a place where we can get help and support :slight_smile:

3. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hello & Welcome to EC~ EC's a great place to just be yourself and I truly hope you find some solace here.

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave. It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

5. patric

patric Guest

Welcome to EC!

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Gallatin

Hi, welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile: Sharing your story is perhaps the first step in trying to change things a bit, or at least trying to open the door to something new. It is possible that somewhere within you, you want to bring down the walls that help you to hide.... welcome to aboard. I hope you will find EC to be useful to you.

9. Vampire

Hello and welcome to EC! As pointed out by Mirko, sharing your story is the first step. I, personally, am looking forward to reading it. :slight_smile:

Lots of love,
    Andy