1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Very Long-Winded Introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Queer NOS, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Queer NOS

Salutations. I'm a young-but-not-too-youngin' who enjoys poetry, long walks on the beach, furthering the Neurodiversity movement, spending way too much time in my imagination, studying rare genetic diseases for the fun of it, and marveling in awe at the multitude of ways that human beings connect with one other.

I consider myself to be a cisgender female, though I do not base much of my self-perception on the fact that I happen to have a female anatomy and would probably feel just as comfortable being male or any other gender identity/lack thereof (the narrative voice in my head, in fact, is sometimes 'male').

My sexual and romantic orientations are...well, allow me to begin by explaining that the "NOS" in my username stands for "Not Otherwise Specified." I have recognized since the age of twelve (and had perhaps suspected before then) that I am not what one would consider to be 'heteronormative.' I find females to be physically attractive. I may or may not find males to be physically attractive. I find that attraction more often comes and is much stronger when I have established an emotional connection with said person, but I am capable of noticing that a stranger of either gender is 'hot.' I have fallen in what I presume to be love with individuals that happen to be female, and I have fallen in what I presume to be love with an individual who happens to be male. I am not sure that I really know what love is. I enjoy fantasies of relationships and intimate encounters to be much more appealing than actual relationships and intimate encounters. Said fantasies more often include women than men, though I do fantasize about males on occasions...though I am always drawn back to the females. These fantasizes do not include 'real' people. I have a boyfriend who I consider to be Prince-Flippin'-Charming, who I may or may not love, and to whom I highly doubt that I have any real physical attraction. I am not sure what to do about this. I would be perfectly happy having no romantic or sexual relationships for the rest of my life...but I do love the idea of love.

A list of terms that may or may not apply include:
    *homosexual *bisexual *homosexual-leaning-bisexual *biromantic homosexual *panromantic homosexual *demisexual *demiromantic homosexual *demiromantic bisexual *5 on the Kinsey Scale *demiromantic lithosexual *wtfsexual *imautisticandwhatisthisidonteven

For now, though, I'll just stick with Queer: Not Otherwise Specified.

It is a pleasure to meet you, and I hope that I can contribute much to this forum. :slight_smile:

2. Hexagon

Hello. Welcome. I deeply sympathise with NOS. I'll save you the confusion of explaining the path that led me to describe myself as queer, but suffice it to say I just gave up.

3. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

4. Queer NOS

Thank you both for your warm welcomes. :slight_smile:

5. Kestrel1975

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome! :welcome: I'm new here myself!

6. lovely lesbian

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual