1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of confused

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tonkey, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Tonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi.
    New here to this forum. I am 47 years old, and have been married to my wife for 17 years. We have a teen, the house, the whole bit. I love my wife. We are like best friends. I have lately been feeling different about my sexuality. Don't know whats going on in my head. All though, I have for the first time went to a gay bar. I was very scared and nervous about going. I don't know if I could be close to another male. Don't know why I really went.......But, I was wearing clothing not normally worn by a male. I was wearing a pair of women's Old Navy bib overalls shorts, a racer back tank top and knee high women's riding boots. I did this outing on the sneak. I was also accepted by friendly people at the bar.
    My thoughts about gay people have changed. I am not a person to judge others about their lifestyles. I look forward to getting answers to my questions in this forum.

2. Undermine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatever my advice to you is worth, I would recommend that you think really hard about what you really want and not consider anyone else's potential opinion or judgement. Not because they dont' matter but just so you can realize who you really are.

Think about your past objectively and present as objectively as possible. Change is scary and very intimidating especially about something so personal but if you can recognize and accept it, you will be a step closer to freedom and happiness within yourself.

3. lovely lesbian

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to Empty Closets.

Take some time to look around the different forum boards, particularly LGBT later in life. Many people who post on this part of EC have been through, or are going through very similar experiences to you. It might be worth looking through some of the past discussions to see if anything resonates with you.

Anyway, stick around and join in.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people