1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, peeps :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Pulcheria, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Pulcheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just joined a few minutes ago, though I found this place last night via Google search. I was looking for a LGBT support forum to post to and this looked far and away the best. Some things about me:

-Recently bisexual (fell head over heels for a woman after years of exclusively dating men)
    -Mixed-race (black/white) but identify as black
    -History geek, if you can't tell from my username
    -Amateur photographer/blogger
    -Forever fan of Jonathan Kellerman novels and Buffy the Vampire Slayer

That's about all the important stuff so far...looking forward to making connections and positive contributions here. :slight_smile:

2. Litveninko

I have also joined recently (yesterday to be exact) and welcome here :-D exciting stuff about you.

3. Vampire

Hello and welcome! I find it quite intriguing that you're into history. I love reading about WWII, if that counts. e.e

Lots of love,
    Andy

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome! This is a great place for support. I was just talking to a person I met at the corner Tavern, not a 'gay' place at all, but she was telling me how hard she found it to be a lesbian, and black, and I thought: it does seem like 95% of the people who identify as LGBT are white, so it would have to be such a different landscape to navigate, in so many aspects. Baltimore is a pretty mixed place, but like so many cities, there's vast pockets that feel as segregated as the 1950s. But then, in the city's center, the arts district, everything and everybody seem to mix together, and it gives me a feeling of great hope.

Nice to meet you,

H. Pup

8. lovely lesbian

9. Pulcheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, everyone! I'd posted a duplicate thread by accident and people came to welcome me on each, how nice :slight_smile:

AndreiH: I would say reading about WWII counts as being into history! For those who don't know, Pulcheria was a Byzantine empress. She effectively ruled as regent for her weak younger brother, and when he died married a man who had promised to let her retain control of the realm. She maintained a vow of virginity throughout her life, and when she died had all her wealth distributed to the poor. She was made a saint soon after. :slight_smile:

HuskyPup: It definitely is a different landscape to navigate! I've been into anti-racism and anti-sexism activism for some time now, but have only recently been getting to know how that all collides with sexual orientation. I have found it off-putting that on the other social media outlets I frequent, it seems LGBT representation is overwhelmingly white. It helps heaps that my SO, who is a lesbian, is also black and has similar views. :slight_smile: