1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facts About Me! (Q&A Is Welcome!)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by don29002, Sep 1, 2014.

1. don29002

Since I haven't been on here since 2013, I want to introduce myself again, and tell a little about myself.

I turned 18 this past Monday, the 25th. Everyone asked me "How does it feel [to be 18]?" and I say--truthfully, "I don't feel any different. It's not as exciting as I thought it would be."

Here's a little about me.
    I love vintage movies, and the great thespians who act in them. My all time favourite actress --in TV and films--is the legendary Lucille Ball. I first started watching "I Love Lucy" when I was 9. I first learned a lot about Miss Ball herself, and then learned about other actors, like Lana Turner, Katharine Hepburn (her accent is beautiful!), Grace Kelly, Ann Miller (she's my favourite tap dancer; I definitely prefer her over Eleanor Powell), etc.

I first started playing the "Grand Theft Auto" series on PS1 in 2002. My dad was into racing, so he bought the game thinking it was a racing game since their was a yellow car on the front cover. I've been playing ever since! I'm currently switching back and forth between playing GTA IV and V.

I'm a sucker for a sexy prettyboy. I'd go for hot guys like Romeo, Ben, maybe Matthew, Danny, and Will (they're from "America's Next Top Model" Cycle 21).

I love great music by great singer-songwriters. Sia is my all time favourite singer! Listening to her great songs actually inspired me not to commit suicide or cut. Her music was a great escape from my reality at the time-- back then.
    My favourite Sia songs are "Where I Belong" (WIB demonstrates her high vocal range which I love), "Chandelier" (because of the aforementioned reason), "Taken For Granted", "Natale's Song", and "Moon".
    I've been a huge fan of Sia since July of 2009, when her album "We Are Born" was gonna be released. At that same time, her singles "You've Changed" and "Clap Your Hands" were already
    out.

I love watching these YouTube videos called "Funny And Random. Moments of 'America's Next Top Model'". There's 40 videos in all but the user who uploaded them says there are 61.
    Anyway, the "Sapphire" girl or guy who makes those videos deserves an award!!! Those videos always make me laugh. My favourite F&RMoANTM videos are the ones where:
    1) Raina is sad over the death of a roach, "Bubba Scotland Jones";
    2) Chris White says "Who is this fool?"
    3) Chris does her best Myrtle impression;
    4) Angelea does her Hammer Dance
    5) Any of the videos that have the hilarious suspense music during the clips--I don't know if any of you guys watch the F&RMOANTM videos but there was a part in one of the videos where the person who uploaded the video goes "Did anyone see this guy doing a wee in front of the [ANTM] house?" and the HILARIOUS suspense music plays during the scene with the guy in it.
    6) The videos where Alasia says "She does what I call it 'Dipping your hands in butter and spreading them to the world!" and the one where Al

I'm a teetotaller. I refuse to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes, as well as any drugs.
    Both my maternal grandparents died from a life of smoking so often. My paternal grandmother died on Valentine's Day in 2009. I never got to meet her. I've heard my paternal grandfather is in his 80s and lives in Bermuda (my dad and 2 half sisters were born and raised there).
    My grandmother died on the snowy morning of the 24 February 2008. She was, in a sense, my closest friend besides my mom. My dad wasn't the best person. He and my grandma fought constantly.
    So did he and my mom. When I was 10, I would sit with my grandma as she would listen to beautiful blues musicians like Dinah Washington, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, B.B. King, and Etta James (she's my favourite singer from the 60s).
    Being exposed to blues at an early age had its perks, but also its cons. Thus, my parents would fight about the fact that I loved music from the 1930s to the early 60s. I remember my dad telling my mom, "That [blues] music is not from his generation!!"
    My mom wanted me to have an open mind. My dad--not so much.
    My dad tried teaching me when I was in the fourth grade. He tried to teach me about high school algebra. (It was extremely confusing back then, and after taking 2 Algebra classes in high school, it's STILL extremely confusing!)

I love to read and collect books.
    I'm what I call an "Amazon Whore", since I'm obsessed with shopping on Amazon. Every CD, movie and book I've ever had came from shopping on Amazon. I love to read famous people's memoirs; some of the memoirs I have are by Rita Moreno, Lucille Ball, Ann Miller, Mickey Rooney, Pamela Mountbatten-Hicks and Margaret Rhodes (both of them are cousins of Queen Elizabeth II), etc.

I'm extremely sorry if this was waaaaaaay too long, I do apologize!

Questions, comments, anything else you'd like to know about me.....?

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM ----------

I was going to add something to my ANTM section.

*7) The one where Alisha says "Naked.... NAKED!!!!!"

#1 don29002, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Randomcloud

Welcome!! :smilewave

ANTM is a guilty pleasure of mine hehe. I loved Victoria from cycle 19 and Jacyln from cycle 16 because they were just...hilarious. And Sophie Sumner ^^

Anyway, hope you enjoy EC!

3. lovely lesbian

4. don29002

I just restarted watching ANTM. I think I stopped watching the show at Cycles 9 or 10.
    I love when people edit actual ANTM clips and add in little comedic lines in between.

Thanks! I will :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2014 at 05:26 AM ----------

Hi!
    Thanks for the comment :slight_smile:

5. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you. :slight_smile:

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. Hexagon

Welcome back to EC

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy your site :slight_smile: :icon_bigg :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

10. don29002

Hi! Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2014 at 02:19 AM ----------

Thanks Luke :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2014 at 02:19 AM ----------

Thanks!

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2014 at 02:20 AM ----------

Thank you!